Polar Alignment Lag With QHY Camera

A place to report problems and bugs in SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs

Please also read about Troubleshooting USB Issues before posting.

*** Please do not post license keys - please report any problems with licensing to 'admin' by private message ***

Please include the following details in any bug report:

* Version of SharpCap
* Camera and other hardware being user
* Operating system version
* Contents of the SharpCap log after the problem has occurred.
[If SharpCap crashes, please send the bug report when prompted instead of including the log]
admin
Site Admin

Re: Polar Alignment Lag With QHY Camera

Post by admin »

Hi,

I have been changing some of the code that logs information while the polar alignment is running - this will be in the next update to the beta version of SharpCap 3.3, which might help us track down what is going on. Another thing that might be helpful is if you could record a video of the whole computer screen while the problem is happening, showing SharpCap not responding and then starting to respond again. I have found a freeware program called OBS Studio is pretty good for screen recording - it's also good at making well compressed video files.

Cheers, Robin
bill2009

Post by bill2009 »

ok thanks robin. If we ever get a clear night i'll get the latest beta and log it. It occurred to me today to just activate the polar alignment tool in my basement but no joy - it just reported no solve but kept clocking frames fine.
bill2009

Post by bill2009 »

I just tried the 3.3 beta download but it says it's expired. The latest 3.2 download is newer than what i've got installed but i'm going to try first with the current version in hopes that it will fail and you can diagnose it. I'll have the new one downloaded so i can install it on the fly to see if that helps.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

new 3.3 Beta versions are available - see the first post in this thread for updated links :

viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3121&p=16222#p16222

Robin