ASI294MM Pro Anti-Dew Heater Control

A place to report problems and bugs in SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs

Please also read about Troubleshooting USB Issues before posting.

*** Please do not post license keys - please report any problems with licensing to 'admin' by private message ***

Please include the following details in any bug report:

* Version of SharpCap
* Camera and other hardware being user
* Operating system version
* Contents of the SharpCap log after the problem has occurred.
[If SharpCap crashes, please send the bug report when prompted instead of including the log]
umasscrew39

ASI294MM Pro Anti-Dew Heater Control

Post by umasscrew39 »

Hi Robin

According to the ZWO website, the 294MM has anti-dew heater on the window which is controllable (ON/OFF). However, no such parameter is visible on the control panel. I also have the 2600MC which has an anti-dew heater on the window but that I can see and turn on and off from the panel where the fan cooler controls are located.

Any chance they forgot to include this in the latest SDK release?

Bruce
admin
Site Admin

Re: ASI294MM Pro Anti-Dew Heater Control

Post by admin »

Hi Bruce,

I think it will be an SDK issue – SharpCap knows to ask the ZWO SDK about dew heater control, so if it's not showing up for one model of camera but is another then it's going to be down to the SDK reporting that the control isn't available on the 294. Does any other software make that control available to you?

Cheers, Robin
umasscrew39

Post by umasscrew39 »

HI Robin

I just tried it using N.I.N.A. and got the same result. The option exists with the 2600MC but not the 294MM. I just saw that others are reporting this missing as well using the ZWO Asiair Pro software as well. I posted the question yesterday on the ZWO forum but no response yet. So, I guess their website information is incorrect. If I hear back, I'll pass the reply along.

Bruce
donboy

Post by donboy »

The 294MM Pro is not in the Sensor Library. Does that have anything to do with this issue?

Don
umasscrew39

Post by umasscrew39 »

Just to report an update from ZWO, they responded to my forum question about the anti-dew heater and stated that the 294mm does NOT have an anti-dew heater. I highly suggested that they correct the product information page on their web site and highlight the mis-information to its users. I can't believe they can make a mistake like that and still not have fixed the error for weeks.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

I strongly suspect that 'copy and paste' was probably the cause of the wrong information on the website – although that doesn't excuse the lack of proofreading and correction. Hopefully you won't encounter any dew/frost issues with the camera anyway.

Don, the lack of the profile in the sensor library is just down to the fact that this is a new camera and I only update the library every two or three months with new model information. The look up in the libraries based on the camera brand and model name and while SharpCap knows enough to ignore things like 'MINI' and 'PRO' being appended to the model names, the change from 294MC to 294MM is enough to make it look for separate data for the mono model.

Cheers, Robin
umasscrew39

Post by umasscrew39 »

Hi Robin

Agree- I think this is a cut and paste error probably from their also newly released 2600mc which has an anti-dew heater. They need to really get their act together.

Anyway, I had the 294mc and never had any dew issues.

Bruce
umasscrew39

Post by umasscrew39 »

For once, somebody listened to me. ZWO has revised their 294mm product page to correct the error about this camera having an anti-dew heater.