QHY 8L Problem

A place to report problems and bugs in SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs

Please also read about Troubleshooting USB Issues before posting.

*** Please do not post license keys - please report any problems with licensing to 'admin' by private message ***

Please include the following details in any bug report:

* Version of SharpCap
* Camera and other hardware being user
* Operating system version
* Contents of the SharpCap log after the problem has occurred.
[If SharpCap crashes, please send the bug report when prompted instead of including the log]
Carlesa25

QHY 8L Problem

Post by Carlesa25 »

Hello: I have mounted a QHY 8L and the program starts perfectly but after a few seconds it hangs and I have reported it several times directly.
I have reinstalled the 32bits and the 64bits program and they give the same error.
Someone else has a similar problem.
Windows 10 Pro, 8GBRam Intel i7 updated software and drivers. Regards.

"<?xml version="1.0"?>

-<SerializableException xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">

-<Data>

<Category>Camera</Category>

<SubCategory>QHY Cameras</SubCategory>

<Device>QHY8L-C</Device>

</Data>

-<ExtendedInformation>

<HResult>-2147467261</HResult>

</ExtendedInformation>

<Message>Intento de leer o escribir en la memoria protegida. A menudo, esto indica que hay otra memoria dañada.</Message>

<Source>SharpCap.Cameras.QHY</Source>

<StackTrace> at SharpCap.Cameras.QHY.QHYSDK.NativeMethods.GetQHYCCDSingleFrame(IntPtr handle, UInt32& w, UInt32& h, UInt32& bpp, UInt32& channels, IntPtr imgdata)at SharpCap.Cameras.QHY.QHYSDK.Camera.StillReadout(UInt32& width, UInt32& height, UInt32& bits, UInt32& planes, IntPtr buffer) in C:\Documents\Source Code\SharpCap3.2\src\SharpCap.Cameras.QHY\QHYSDK.cs:line 1546at SharpCap.Cameras.QHY.QHYCameraProxy.GrabStillFrame(BufferFrame frame, UInt32 width, UInt32 height, UInt32 bits, UInt32 planes, Size size) in C:\Documents\Source Code\SharpCap3.2\src\SharpCap.Cameras.QHY\QHYCameraProxy.cs:line 813at SharpCap.Cameras.QHY.QHYCameraProxy.GrabFrame(CancellationToken token) in C:\Documents\Source Code\SharpCap3.2\src\SharpCap.Cameras.QHY\QHYCameraProxy.cs:line 751at SharpCap.Base.CameraProxyBase.GrabFrameWithRateLimit(DateTime startTime) in C:\Documents\Source Code\SharpCap3.2\src\SharpCap.Base\CameraProxyBase.cs:line 547at SharpCap.Base.CameraProxyBase.GrabThreadProc() in C:\Documents\Source Code\SharpCap3.2\src\SharpCap.Base\CameraProxyBase.cs:line 481at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()</StackTrace>

<TargetSite>ErrorCodes GetQHYCCDSingleFrame(IntPtr, UInt32 ByRef, UInt32 ByRef, UInt32 ByRef, UInt32 ByRef, IntPtr) @ SharpCap.Cameras.QHY.QHYSDK+NativeMethods</TargetSite>

<Type>System.AccessViolationException</Type>

</SerializableException>
admin
Site Admin

Re: QHY 8L Problem

Post by admin »

Hi,

unfortunately the crash that is happening here is happening inside the QHY software that SharpCap uses to talk to the camera. I would suggest making sure that you are using the latest version of SharpCap, as I often incorporate new updates from QHY. Also consider trying the SharpCap 3.3 beta (viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3121) which has a still mode that is more suitable for CCD models.

If you still have problems with 3.3, please send the bug report and let me know - that lets me go and find the report and check the full log.

Robin
Carlesa25

Post by Carlesa25 »

Hi, thank you for you answer. I have the latest version both 32bit and 64bit, and the error is the same.
With QHY EZAP_QT software it works perfectly and I have also tested it with APT without problem.
I'll download the beta and keep you posted. Regards.
Carlesa25

Post by Carlesa25 »

I have installed the Beta version 3.3-64Bits and the problem is the same, I think I have sent the information directly from the application.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

thanks for submitting the bug report – I've located it and I think I can see that the problem is the SDK reports that your camera is capable of 8 bit mode, so SharpCap starts the camera in what it thinks is 8 bit mode, but actually the camera is trying to copy a 16 bit image into a memory block that SharpCap is only allocated for the size of an 8 bit image :(

I think I have an acceptable workaround – that is to assume that the camera only supports 16 bit if it reports that it doesn't support video mode (ie it is a CCD).

Cheers, Robin
Carlesa25

Post by Carlesa25 »

Hello: Thanks for the effort.
Do you think it will be possible soon to have an update that allows the QHY8L to work? ? Regards.

Carles
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Carlos,

yes, probably sometime early next week – I'm awaiting an SDK update from a manufacturer and then I will probably put out a new update of SharpCap.

Cheers, Robin
Carlesa25

Post by Carlesa25 »

Hello: Thank you, I'll be waiting.

Carles.
Carlesa25

Post by Carlesa25 »

Hello: I have downloaded and installed the new version 3.2.6441.0 of 64 bits and it already recognizes the QHY 8L without problem, now I can not test the operation of the camera in depth but I will inform you if there are any news. Thank you.