folder monitor camrea

A place to report problems and bugs in SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs

Please also read about Troubleshooting USB Issues before posting.

*** Please do not post license keys - please report any problems with licensing to 'admin' by private message ***

Please include the following details in any bug report:

* Version of SharpCap
* Camera and other hardware being user
* Operating system version
* Contents of the SharpCap log after the problem has occurred.
[If SharpCap crashes, please send the bug report when prompted instead of including the log]
rick

folder monitor camrea

Post by rick »

I see a post from you a while back about the folder monitor going into a crash! Did you ever get it straightened out? Please this is what is going on with me. I just got the Pro, does there need to be files (pictures) in there in order to work?? <PII Removed> I'm using the latest 3.2. sVbony 305 camera windows 10 Do I need Office 2019??? I've uninstalled and reinstalled, but no good. I sent in the crash report
admin
Site Admin

Re: folder monitor camrea

Post by admin »

Hi Rick,

I have removed your full name and email address from the post above as it's never a good idea to leave those visible in forum posts – you'll just get a lot more junk email arrive if you do that :-(

I've looked through the bug reports for the latest version of SharpCap 3.2 and I'm not sure whether I've managed to locate your bug report or not – I can see one report that seems to be related to the folder monitor camera where SharpCap had stopped responding to the keyboard and mouse and eventually offered to send a report – was that you?

I wonder if SharpCap might've remembered the folder that you used the last time that you used the folder monitor camera. If that folder is no longer available then it could potentially cause problems when reopening the camera as SharpCap would go looking for that folder. One thing to try would be to hold down the <CTRL> key while the cameras opening (press it before you click on the camera in the menu and keep holding it down until the camera is fully open). Doing that stop SharpCap from reloading any previous settings for the camera which might cure the problem.

Hope this helps, Robin
rick

Post by rick »

Hi Robin! Thanks, you take a lot of time helping everyone! Yes that was my bug report about the keyboard and mouse not responding! I will try your suggestions as soon as we here in Florida get some clearer skies! About leaving my full name and address out.......how do I do that? I will have to see how that works also. Have a great day Robin, and thank you!!!
rick

Post by rick »

Hi Robin yes that helped me!!! Holding down the ctrl did it. Thank you so much! I need clearer sky's so I can start working with your program. Again thanks Rick
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Rick,

do you have any idea what sort of folder you might have selected previously that might have caused the problem? Were you using a network drive or removable drive or USB key perhaps? If I can work out what the problem was I may be able to stop problem from happening in future.

Cheers, Robin