Moravian C1 1500

A place to report problems and bugs in SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs

Please also read about Troubleshooting USB Issues before posting.

*** Please do not post license keys - please report any problems with licensing to 'admin' by private message ***

Please include the following details in any bug report:

* Version of SharpCap
* Camera and other hardware being user
* Operating system version
* Contents of the SharpCap log after the problem has occurred.
[If SharpCap crashes, please send the bug report when prompted instead of including the log]
micheleG

Moravian C1 1500

Post by micheleG »

When I decide to allergy or decrease the frame with ROI, the application crashes.
Attachments
Annotazione 2020-08-29 150749.png
Annotazione 2020-08-29 150749.png (26.21 KiB) Viewed 1570 times
admin
Site Admin

Re: Moravian C1 1500

Post by admin »

Hi,

can you please confirm what version of SharpCap you are using, what version of the Moravian drivers you have and whether you have upgraded the camera firmware.

I have just tested with my C1 1500 and C1 1500C (30 June 2020 drivers, SharpCap 3.2.6421, 32 bit) and can't see any problems with this camera in normal use. One of them has the updated firmware (can't quite recall which one).

I do see an error message the same as yours if I unplug the camera while it is open in SharpCap, so I would suggest trying out the USB troubleshooting steps (see link at the top of the page in the orange box) to see if they help.

Robin
micheleG

Post by micheleG »

Hello
I solved the problem by unchecking the setting
"automatically restore camera setting".
This way, when I start Sharpcap (3.2 64 bit version), the camera starts with native ROI settings, gain at minimum.
Starting from this point, you can select as many ROIs as you want.
The problem remains that if you turn up the gain or the shooting speed too fast, everything crashes.
He tried to do a usb checking as recommended.
Attachments
Annotazione 2020-08-30 091046.png
Annotazione 2020-08-30 091046.png (63.46 KiB) Viewed 1549 times
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

Thanks for the further info – I will test the camera using that setting switched on and see if I can persuade it to break myself. I will also try randomly dragging the gain and exposure controls around as it sounds like rapid changes to the settings are what is causing the failure.

Cheers, Robin
micheleG

Post by micheleG »

I made several tests, the problem occurs in the interval between half a second and the second of exposure, even if you enter numerical values ​​without using the cursor, for example 500 ms or 700 up to 1000 ms included.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

this one is a very odd one – I've just run through this again with my two Moravian cameras and I still can't break anything. Do you happen to know whether your camera has the updated firmware on it? If you have the updated firmware then the options for colour space will include 'slow' and 'fast' versions of the 8 and 12 bit modes. If you don't have the updated firmware you will not see the slow and fast options.

Cheers, Robin
micheleG

Post by micheleG »

Hello
The firmware is up to date, now I'm trying to format the laptop to fix a couple of things, I'll tell you if everything works better.
micheleG

Post by micheleG »

Ok, once the pc has been formatted, the moravian firmware is updated to the latest version, now everything seems more stable, selecting the various ROI, there are no problems, no problem even for the exposure time, the gain remains, which must be moved with caution otherwise it crashes. I think it depends on the performance of the laptop or the usb3.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

good to hear that you have a more stable system now (even if it is not 100% stable). I have to admit that I've been testing on my development PC, which is a core i9 desktop PC with lots of memory – if it is related to the performance of the PC then that would be interesting to find out. When I have little time I will try testing on a laptop to see if I see any problems there.

Cheers, Robin