ROI with Neximage 10

A place to report problems and bugs in SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs

Please also read about Troubleshooting USB Issues before posting.

*** Please do not post license keys - please report any problems with licensing to 'admin' by private message ***

Please include the following details in any bug report:

* Version of SharpCap
* Camera and other hardware being user
* Operating system version
* Contents of the SharpCap log after the problem has occurred.
[If SharpCap crashes, please send the bug report when prompted instead of including the log]
tallguy2682

ROI with Neximage 10

Post by tallguy2682 »

I have a neximage 10 and am trying to use the ROI to make small adjustments to the capture area on the sensor, however when I move the ROI selection box around in 640x480 resolution, nothing shifts. I believe that this worked for me at one point in time and I do not know what happened to disable it. I have since uninstalled everything and reinstalled the pre reqs as well as the 64 bit version of sharp cap. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Tim
admin
Site Admin

Re: ROI with Neximage 10

Post by admin »

Ah, that's a tricky one…

Back when I first added support for the Celestron cameras I had a NexImage 5 on loan to test with and I got the ROI functionality working with that. Unfortunately I don't have that camera any more to test with – I have looked at the code that I wrote back then to handle moving the ROI around and it all still seems to be there without any changes. I've tested with all of the three different models of camera that I do have here but none of those support ROI sadly, so I can't investigate this properly.

The only thing that I can suggest is perhaps going back to an older version of SharpCap like version 3.1 to see if that works as you recall. If you can find the point where the ROI movement breaks between two different releases of SharpCap 3.1 or 3.2 then I will have some information that will allow me to look into this further.

Cheers, Ryan
voodoochile30

Post by voodoochile30 »

I have the same issue. It worked fine up to version 3.2.6396. The installer won't let me re-install this previous version.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

thanks for the information – knowing when something last worked before it broke is really helpful in tracking down the change that causes the problem.

If you want to go back to the previous version then you simply have to uninstall (manually) the version that you currently have installed – then you will be able to install the older version again.

Hope this helps, Robin
voodoochile30

Post by voodoochile30 »

Hi,

After removing the software I was able to install version 3.2.6396 and try it out last night. This version does NOT work correctly. I hope you haven't spent any time on this.

I will do some daytime testing and let you know, if possible, which version introduced the problem.

All I can confirm right now is that the ROI image displayed and recorded, is always taken from the CENTER position of the full image, regardless of the position of the ROI rectangle in the pan and tilt screen.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

Ah, that's helpful - there is some code that is supposed to turn off the default behaviour of the ROI being pinned to the center and I just found a bug in it!

Since I don't have a camera that supports ROI, I can't test it properly, but will put it in the next SharpCap 3.3 Beta and we can find out if it helps.

thanks,

Robin