Olepro32.dll error

A place to report problems and bugs in SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs

Please also read about Troubleshooting USB Issues before posting.

*** Please do not post license keys - please report any problems with licensing to 'admin' by private message ***

Please include the following details in any bug report:

* Version of SharpCap
* Camera and other hardware being user
* Operating system version
* Contents of the SharpCap log after the problem has occurred.
[If SharpCap crashes, please send the bug report when prompted instead of including the log]
Happy Jack

Olepro32.dll error

Post by Happy Jack »

Whilst attempting to configure Philips 9000SPCnc modified webcam when I click the show in filter options I receive the attached report. I copied dll to program file location and receive a similar error see attached. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Also cannot set up colour receiving only greyscale whilst connected.
Attachments
sharpcap bug2.JPG
sharpcap bug2.JPG (72.71 KiB) Viewed 1042 times
sharpcap bug1.JPG
sharpcap bug1.JPG (113.13 KiB) Viewed 1042 times
admin
Site Admin

Re: Olepro32.dll error

Post by admin »

Hi,

I think you will have to use the 32-bit version of SharpCap to get that camera working – I see the same errors you do when I try to use the 64-bit version of SharpCap, but the dialog works in the 32-bit version. It looks like the error is in the drivers for the camera depending on the wrong DLL name in the 64-bit version and I rather suspect that there is going to be no way of getting Philips to fix that probably nearly 20 years after the camera was first produced.

Regarding the greyscale image – have you or somebody who previously owned the camera tinkered with the firmware on it to set it into raw mode? That has the effect of making the image greyscale. There are tools around on the Internet somewhere to upload different firmware settings, although the last time I did that I seem to remember having to use Windows XP to get it to work!

Cheers, Robin
Happy Jack

Post by Happy Jack »

Thanks Robin you know I should have thought of that and I will try your suggestion. About the greyscale the camera works in colour in other capture programs so it possibly could be the 64bit issue. Once again thanks for the swift reply and of course your much appreciated help you''re an absolute legend.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Odd, see how the 32-bit version does. I see colour in both the 32 and 64-bit versions when I test with one of my old SPC 900s.

Cheers, Robin