SXVF-M25C in ASCOM mode

A place to report problems and bugs in SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs

Please also read about Troubleshooting USB Issues before posting.

*** Please do not post license keys - please report any problems with licensing to 'admin' by private message ***

Please include the following details in any bug report:

* Version of SharpCap
* Camera and other hardware being user
* Operating system version
* Contents of the SharpCap log after the problem has occurred.
[If SharpCap crashes, please send the bug report when prompted instead of including the log]
phenrotay

SXVF-M25C in ASCOM mode

Post by phenrotay »

Win 10 Pro
Starlight Xpress SXVF-M25C in ASCOM mode
SharpCap 3.2.6366

Hi Robin,

The M25C is not recognized as colour camera, or ? The colour mode is MONO16, I was expecting RAW16.
But the dropdown Debayer Preview is active.

Context : sensor analysis. The resulst are clearly garbage.

CS,
Pierre
admin
Site Admin

Re: SXVF-M25C in ASCOM mode

Post by admin »

Hi,

The fix I did for that model of camera was to try to correct its detection when using the native SX driver rather than using the Ascom driver. Hopefully if you use the native SX support it will appear as a colour camera. If it's appearing as mono in the Ascom driver then the Ascom driver is incorrectly reporting the sensor type is Mono instead of RGGB.

If you run the sensor analysis of a colour camera with SharpCap thinking that it is monochrome you will get incorrect results – this is because the brightness is of the red, green and blue pixels will differ markedly. When SharpCap knows it's working with a colour camera it only selects the values from the green pixels.

Cheers, Robin
phenrotay

Post by phenrotay »

Understood. I only used the Ascom driver because the native support is still problematic. Pls see my other bug report which I updated a few hours ago.
Pierre
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

Out of interest, in the Ascom mode, do you see a 'debayer preview'control on the right-hand side. I suspect this would be set off, you can change it to various other options to force SharpCap to treat the camera that is reported to be mono is a colour camera. If you can find the right option that gives correct colours then you may get further with the sensor analysis.

Cheers, Robin
phenrotay

Post by phenrotay »

Yes it is there and I select the correct Bayer matrix pattern. The sensor analysis is in trouble because there are 3 spikes in the histogram (rgb).
I even tried with a ha filter but it was not successful - in one if the steps it appears stuck at 250ms for some time when selecting exposure time and displays "waiting" forever.
Pierre