Dark Capture Problem

A place to report problems and bugs in SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs

Please also read about Troubleshooting USB Issues before posting.

*** Please do not post license keys - please report any problems with licensing to 'admin' by private message ***

Please include the following details in any bug report:

* Version of SharpCap
* Camera and other hardware being user
* Operating system version
* Contents of the SharpCap log after the problem has occurred.
[If SharpCap crashes, please send the bug report when prompted instead of including the log]
galljj

Dark Capture Problem

Post by galljj »

Robin: I'm having some trouble capturing darks. When I attempt to capture them the system hangs up part way through the collection of the images. It simply freezes, and I need to launch Task Manager to shut it down. There seems to be no repeatable instance of how far SC gets before it freezes - sometime 2 images, sometimes 5. This had not happened previously.

I'm running 3.0.4002 on Windows 7, using a Rising Tech IMX224 camera (rebranded Touptek). I run the sharpcap pipeline direct show version of the camera

Attached is a file created at one of the crashes. I think !

john
Attachments
Exception at System.RuntimeType.ForwardCallToInvokeMember(System.String, System.Reflection.BindingFlags, System.Object, Int32[], System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.MessageData ByRef)_#07592.error.zip
(9.56 KiB) Downloaded 159 times
galljj

Re: Dark Capture Problem

Post by galljj »

Robin: I just looked through this file, and found it might not be related to the darks at all, but to a [problem that happened when I unplugged the ASCOM connection for the mount, but did not remove it from the hardware configuration. I get an error message, and perhaps this is the file created - I do not run with an internet connection.

I have been experienceing some ASCOM issues - The FCUSB seems to be unresponsive, and Cartes du Ciel does not sync well with the mount. But that's another issue I own't bother you with at present.

john
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi John,

your diagnosis is correct -the error in the first post is due to not being able to connect to your Celestron mount on COM11

cheers,

Robin
galljj

Post by galljj »

Well, yes, I figured that out. But any thoughts about the problem capturing darks?

J
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Oops, sorry, I focused on the log file too much.

I will test this myself when I get a chance as I have a similar camera.

cheers,

Robin