Black Screen with ASI533Mc-Pro

A place to report problems and bugs in SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs

Please also read about Troubleshooting USB Issues before posting.

*** Please do not post license keys - please report any problems with licensing to 'admin' by private message ***

Please include the following details in any bug report:

* Version of SharpCap
* Camera and other hardware being user
* Operating system version
* Contents of the SharpCap log after the problem has occurred.
[If SharpCap crashes, please send the bug report when prompted instead of including the log]
PeterCPC

Black Screen with ASI533Mc-Pro

Post by PeterCPC »

I have used Sharpcap for years quite happily but now have a major issue. I am using V3.2.6020. I can use my ASI224 with no problems, I had an ASI385MC that worked fine until the camera stopped working. I now have an ASI533MC-Pro. The camera works fine in ASI Studio and APT but I don't like either very much. When I try Sharpcap it detects the camera ok but I cannot get any image - the screen is just black regardless of exposure etc. The frame counter in the bottom left shows that every frame is being dropped.
I have downloaded the latest ASI and ASCOM drivers. I have tried alternative USB3 cables. I thought that I would try Sharpcap 3.1 but this would not recognise the camera. :|

Any ideas?

Peter
admin
Site Admin

Re: Black Screen with ASI533Mc-Pro

Post by admin »

Hi Peter,

Your version of SharpCap 3.2 is over a year old and there have been lots of update since then – the first thing I would recommend is downloading the very latest version from the downloads page and seeing if that helps. There have certainly been a number of updates to the ZWO components in SharpCap that I would expect to have added support for new models in that period.

Hope this helps, Robin
SteveInNZ

Post by SteveInNZ »

I generally don't like to post "this worked for me" without having an explanation but I do recall that this had me pulling my hair out for a while.
I had the same symptoms that turned out to be the Gamma slider which is a control that I'd never touched.
Check that the slider is about midway.

Steve.
umasscrew39

Post by umasscrew39 »

Steve

Curious if you got it working with the latest version of SC. I have been using the 533 since it first became available with SC and no issues at all after the SDK was updated. Whether live stacking or capturing individual images, you should see a decent image using 200gain/10 offset. The default settings are 100gain/50 offset and R/B white balance of 95/52 which also works well for individual frames.

Bruce
PeterCPC

Post by PeterCPC »

Sorry for missing this. Yes, it all works with the latest version.

Peter