QHY5Lii-m stops working second time connecting

A place to report problems and bugs in SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs

Please also read about Troubleshooting USB Issues before posting.

*** Please do not post license keys - please report any problems with licensing to 'admin' by private message ***

Please include the following details in any bug report:

* Version of SharpCap
* Camera and other hardware being user
* Operating system version
* Contents of the SharpCap log after the problem has occurred.
[If SharpCap crashes, please send the bug report when prompted instead of including the log]
davecomp

QHY5Lii-m stops working second time connecting

Post by davecomp »

Hi,

i have a qhy5Lii-m and am using sharpcap version 3.2.6248.

When I select and connect the first time after plugging in the USB for the camera, it works fine. All controls work and image is previewing.

But if I close sharpcap and open again later, or if within Sharpcap if I close the camera and then connect again, I get a black screen. It says Preview 0 frames (0 dropped) and Memory 0 of 1 frame used. It looks like it has stopped capturing.

Also If I run a for real capture, it fails to record anything.

Help? thanks
admin
Site Admin

Re: QHY5Lii-m stops working second time connecting

Post by admin »

Hi,

I have the colour version of this camera and can't seem to make the same thing happen using 3.2.6338 . There was an update to the QHY SDK in version 6309 and later (you can find these on the download page), so maybe that makes a difference. I'd also suggest having a look at the USB troubleshooting page (link at the top of this webpage in the forum rules section).

Cheers, Robin