Not sure if I'd call this a bug....

A place to report problems and bugs in SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs

Please also read about Troubleshooting USB Issues before posting.

*** Please do not post license keys - please report any problems with licensing to 'admin' by private message ***

Please include the following details in any bug report:

* Version of SharpCap
* Camera and other hardware being user
* Operating system version
* Contents of the SharpCap log after the problem has occurred.
[If SharpCap crashes, please send the bug report when prompted instead of including the log]
Danoglide64

Not sure if I'd call this a bug....

Post by Danoglide64 »

but, my new asi533mc pro came in today. It's replacing my asi224mc camera which has been working great for almost 2 years. I re-installed all the drivers for it just to be sure and plugged it in and launched Sharpcap. Under the camera's tab it listed the new camera so I clicked on it and up pops the works. I went over to the right side and changed the color space over to RAW16. Black screen.....I raised the exposure up to a few seconds, it's daytime but still black screen. Tried to change color space to RGB to see what happens and Sharpcap shut's down.

Any ideas?
Dano
admin
Site Admin

Re: Not sure if I'd call this a bug....

Post by admin »

Hi,

some of the more recent ZWO cameras seem to need 12V power connected to work correctly with longer exposures or high bit depths - not sure about the 533, but seen that with other models. Also check out the 'Troubleshooting USB issues' link (will be at the top of this page).

cheers, Robin
Danoglide64

Post by Danoglide64 »

OK I powered up the camera and tried all the ports. There's only one port that connects the camera to Sharpcap. Funny thing though, the fan's running but when I select the camera from the menu it stops.

Will read the usb issues,
Danny
Danoglide64

Post by Danoglide64 »

Sharpcap is still not getting along with my ASI533MC Pro. USB problems are doubtful because they are not too long, brand new and work just fine with the camera on ASIStudio Livestack. I did go to the website and download/install the "Latest version", that didn't help. Maybe the 32 bit version?

Don't know,
Dano
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Certainly worth trying the 32-bit version.

I would also make sure you have a very latest drivers from the ZWO website. If none of that helps then please share a screenshot showing the problem and the contents of the SharpCap log file after the problem has happened.

Cheers, Robin
Danoglide64

Post by Danoglide64 »

OK,
I installed the 32 bit version, well sort of, I was given the chance of uninstall, modify or repair. I chose repair. I launched Sharpcap 32 bit and hooked up all usb's and powered up the fan. It works, kind of, the exposure is auto in relation to what I set gain. How can I send the log, all I see is copy to clipboard but then what? Now I have the 64 bit version too and it now works, the repair? You still want screenshot and log?

Thanks,
Dano
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

Usually people just copy the log to the clipboard and then paste the text either into a forum post or into a private message to me. However if everything now working happily, I would suggest not worrying for the moment and enjoying using your camera :-)

Cheers, Robin