Blank Image while stacking regardless Histogram or exposure setting but shows when pressing the livestack button again?

A place to report problems and bugs in SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs

Please also read about Troubleshooting USB Issues before posting.

*** Please do not post license keys - please report any problems with licensing to 'admin' by private message ***

Please include the following details in any bug report:

* Version of SharpCap
* Camera and other hardware being user
* Operating system version
* Contents of the SharpCap log after the problem has occurred.
[If SharpCap crashes, please send the bug report when prompted instead of including the log]
Cliff

Blank Image while stacking regardless Histogram or exposure setting but shows when pressing the livestack button again?

Post by Cliff »

Not sure what is going on, I used Sharpcap Pro to polar align (no guide scope so used my main 80mm ES ED80 with a 0.7X reducer fitted to the ZWO120MM-S) worked brilliant here in Sydney Australia even with limited sky access, then tried some live stacking using my ZWO 120MM-S and seemed to work well the first time,

* Selected another target and I get a blank screen when trying live stack again regardless what I set in exposure or histogram , until i press the livestack button on top which I believe pauses the actual live stack but then i see the stacked image, not sure what is going on, Is there a master reset on Sharpcap or perhaps delete a config INI file or something.

Only wish it was ported to the MacOS would be perfect :)

Actually had a few clear nights lately what a pleasure to get out under the stars again.

Appreciate any help

Cliff
admin
Site Admin

Re: Blank Image while stacking regardless Histogram or exposure setting but shows when pressing the livestack button aga

Post by admin »

Hi,

Firstly, can I check that you are pressing the 'clear' button to reset the live stack when you change targets? Beyond that I think the best bet would be for you to share a screenshot showing the problem which might help us understand better what is going on.

Cheers, Robin
Cliff

Re: Blank Image while stacking regardless Histogram or exposure setting but shows when pressing the livestack button aga

Post by Cliff »

Thanks Robin,

Yes I click the clear when changing targets this even happens when using the simulated cameras in Sharpcap. What it looks like is the main histogram has all the Black,Med,White hard left but even after I spread them out it makes no difference.

I'll try today to take some snapshots but basically blank screen while stacking and the stacked image shows when livestack button pressed again.

I did play with the other histogram which could have stuffed things up too.

Might try the uninstall reinstall routine ,

Will let you know how I go ,

Cheers
Cliff
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

Yes, please post screenshot showing both the screen in the all black problem state and also once you have made the image appear. Ideally include the whole screen so that I can see what other parts of the SharpCap application have been used and what settings are.

Don't forget the both histograms have a reset button on them - it looks like an arrow pointing in anti clockwise circle. Pressing this will put the histogram stretches back to their defaults.

Cheers, Robin
Cliff

Post by Cliff »

Hi Robin,

Well I tried reinstalling ver 3.2 still the same,

However still have 3.0 and 3.1 installed and they work perfectly

The images you asked for are here

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tGbkLs ... sp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GXbgKj ... sp=sharing

Cheers
Cliff
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Cliff,

It definitely looks like somehow you manage to drag all the three stretch markers for the life stacking to the far left. It's weird that you get a black screen when you do that, because when I tried the same I get a very bright image. Anyway, the best way to get those back into their proper positions is to press the reset button which is highlighted in the image below. Hopefully that will bring everything back to normal. If not then we will dig deeper
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (75.25 KiB) Viewed 2039 times
Hope this helps, Robin
Cliff

Post by Cliff »

Unfortunately Robin pressing the reset button has no effect , moving the bars also has no effect weird it is only with 3.2 ?

Just so you know i am using latest Win 10 on a Macbook Pro dual booting the OS's.

Cheers
Cliff
Cliff

Post by Cliff »

Here's my log file from 3.2 maybe it will shed some light ?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lU8d0L ... sp=sharing
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

That's very weird...

Unfortunately the log doesn't reveal anything. If you're comfortable in running the registry editor to have a look in the registry we can find out what stored values there are for the live stack stretch settings. I've highlighted them in the image below – you just need to navigate to the key

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\AstroSharp Limited\SharpCap\3.2\misc

And have a look to see what the settings are. You can see that mine are at the default of zero, 25 and 100.
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (92.97 KiB) Viewed 2021 times
Cheers, Robin
Cliff

Post by Cliff »

Hi Robin,

Haven't touched the registry in a long time but i took a look and sure enough the values were NaN whatever that means so I set them to your values and Wallah it works. At least I know what to do if it does it again as i said only ever happened on 3.2.

Thanks for all your help and a brilliant piece of software only wish it was available on MacOS :(

Best Regards
Cliff
I guess you can close this thread now