Exception handling in the stacking log

A place to report problems and bugs in SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs

Please also read about Troubleshooting USB Issues before posting.

*** Please do not post license keys - please report any problems with licensing to 'admin' by private message ***

Please include the following details in any bug report:

* Version of SharpCap
* Camera and other hardware being user
* Operating system version
* Contents of the SharpCap log after the problem has occurred.
[If SharpCap crashes, please send the bug report when prompted instead of including the log]
Rab722

Exception handling in the stacking log

Post by Rab722 »

You have an exception handler showing up in the stacking log on the latest version.

Exception.jpg
Exception.jpg (97.56 KiB) Viewed 1025 times
Also could you add button to clear the log.

Rick
admin
Site Admin

Re: Exception handling in the stacking log

Post by admin »

Hi,

That message in the log is expected if you end up in the situation that SharpCap can't find at least three stars in the image. Basically without at least three stars there is no chance of alignment, so worth checking your star detection settings in live stacking to see if you can work out what is going on.

Cheers, Robin
Rab722

Post by Rab722 »

I had not seen that message until version 6298. Tonight I could not get the live stacking to work correctly.I was only getting 1 or 2 out of every 10 frames to stack and was getting that same exception handling message. I gave up and removed the latest code and went back to 6281. The same target with the same settings has now stacked as I write this 64 straight 1 minute frames with 0 ignored.The newest code was reporting it could not find three stars the message in the older code is consistently finding 8 or 9 stars.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

Thanks for including the two versions that you've tested – it does help because I can then look back to see what changes were made to the code between those versions. Unfortunately in this particular case I can't see anything that I would expect to affect star detection during live stacking. If you have saved any of the individual frames from your stacking sessions then it will be interesting to have a look at those in detail myself and see if I can work out what is going on.

Cheers, Robin