latest version acting up

A place to report problems and bugs in SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs

Please also read about Troubleshooting USB Issues before posting.

*** Please do not post license keys - please report any problems with licensing to 'admin' by private message ***

Please include the following details in any bug report:

* Version of SharpCap
* Camera and other hardware being user
* Operating system version
* Contents of the SharpCap log after the problem has occurred.
[If SharpCap crashes, please send the bug report when prompted instead of including the log]
Chris A

latest version acting up

Post by Chris A »

Hi Robin

Just a heads up regarding the latest version of SC. Sorry I did not capture the log but noticed a few issues last night during my NSN broadcast. At one time I noticed the the display histogram not moving even when I was adjusting the live histogram and several stacks taking place. Also while dithering using PHD2, I noticed that the dithering feature was frozen saying "waiting for settling time" even though PHD2 was in full guiding mode. Even if I unchecked dithering completely off I was still getting that message "waiting for settling time". The only remedy for all of these issues was to shut down SC and restart it. Thank you if you could keep this in mind in cast others have experienced these issues.

Chris A
admin
Site Admin

Re: latest version acting up

Post by admin »

Hi,

Sorry to hear that you are having problems with the latest version – I did do some work on the way that SharpCap resumes after dithering to try and deal with a problem where the short frames captured during dithering sometimes being saved. I thought I'd found a safe way to do that without introducing other bugs, but maybe not :-(

You don't happen to have a recording of your broadcast that shows the problem happening by any chance? In the absence of logs that might give me some clues as to what was going on.

Cheers, Robin
Chris A

Post by Chris A »

No sorry Robin, I did not record the broadcast unfortunately and tried to describe the best that I could. If it happens again on my next outing I will send you the log.

Chris A
BlackWikkett

Post by BlackWikkett »

I've seen the "waiting to settle" indefinitely while dithering and live stacking in previous versions. I've had this happen on two occasions spread over several weeks and different versions. This happens so infrequently I chalked it up to a communications issue between PHD2, SC and computer. Easy remedy for me was restart PHD2 and SC. This happened over at least two months and probably 3 to 4 versions back. Sorry for the lack of concise info but I'm replying as this may not be related to the latest version.

-Chris
Chris A

Post by Chris A »

Chris, this happened to me using the latest version during my April 19th broadcast. Yes we can turn off PHD2 & SC but when you have a camera like ZWO where it's cooler rapidly warms up this is not good for potential frost/condensation. I am looking forward to when SC can finally have a stop feature for the cameras instead of constantly running in video mode. This way I can switch between programs like The Sky X, so I can use my @focus routine and not worry about my Peltier cooler fluctuating.

Chris A