Sharpcap always on top

A place to report problems and bugs in SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs

Please also read about Troubleshooting USB Issues before posting.

*** Please do not post license keys - please report any problems with licensing to 'admin' by private message ***

Please include the following details in any bug report:

* Version of SharpCap
* Camera and other hardware being user
* Operating system version
* Contents of the SharpCap log after the problem has occurred.
[If SharpCap crashes, please send the bug report when prompted instead of including the log]
NeilG

Sharpcap always on top

Post by NeilG »

not sure if this is a bug, or meant to work this way.
When I'm using a two monitor setup and livestacking (monitor 1 running SC control panels and monitor 2 showing livestack image), The Sharpcap on Mon 1 seems to be in 'always on top' mode such that I can't access other apps (browser or Cart du Ciel etc), unless I minimise SC first - which also minimises the livestack image. I'd like to set livedstack running and see the image on the 2nd screen but use the first screen for other functions.

SC v6269 64 bit, Windows 10, ASI 533 MC Pro camera.
Thanks in advance
Neil
Scopes: Celestron C11, 102SLT , Ascension 127mm Apo, Opticstar 152mm Mak, Ascension 80mm Apo
Mounts: EQ8, EQ5 Pro, Nexstar SLT
Imaging: ASI1600MM-Cool, ASI533MC-Pro, ASI290MM, ASI224MC, Quark, QHY5L-II-M,
Opticstar 82 eyepieces, lots of other stuff
admin
Site Admin

Re: Sharpcap always on top

Post by admin »

Hi,

That's odd, I can put other applications in front of both parts of SharpCap when in two monitor view – this is on Windows 10. What version of Windows you running?

Cheers, Robin
NeilG

Post by NeilG »

Robin,
Looks like an intermittent thing - has happened a couple of times now, but was back to normal again last night - I'm putting it down to my PC rather than SC.
Neil
Scopes: Celestron C11, 102SLT , Ascension 127mm Apo, Opticstar 152mm Mak, Ascension 80mm Apo
Mounts: EQ8, EQ5 Pro, Nexstar SLT
Imaging: ASI1600MM-Cool, ASI533MC-Pro, ASI290MM, ASI224MC, Quark, QHY5L-II-M,
Opticstar 82 eyepieces, lots of other stuff
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Ok, no worries. Do let me know if you work out a way to make it happen every time in which case I can investigate properly.

Cheers, Robin
rhombus

Post by rhombus »

I have also had this happen intermittently on my dual screen setup. I do know know yet what sequence causes it. The only solution has been to close Sharpcap and reopen.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Weirdly, I have also had problems with a different application that has recently decided to be always on top about half of the time and the only cure seems to be closing and reopening. This is also an application that works across two monitors. I still never seen this problem was SharpCap though.

Cheers, Robin