Celstron Focuser with Sharpcap

A place to report problems and bugs in SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs

Please also read about Troubleshooting USB Issues before posting.

*** Please do not post license keys - please report any problems with licensing to 'admin' by private message ***

Please include the following details in any bug report:

* Version of SharpCap
* Camera and other hardware being user
* Operating system version
* Contents of the SharpCap log after the problem has occurred.
[If SharpCap crashes, please send the bug report when prompted instead of including the log]
sandconp

Celstron Focuser with Sharpcap

Post by sandconp »

I can't seem to get the Celestron Focuser to work with Sharcap using Celestron Focus Driver using the AUX cable connection. If I use a separate USB Cable to the focuser instead of the AUX connection, it work just fine using the Celestron USB Focus Driver. I don't have an issue with the ASCOM drivers with the slewing controls available in Sharpcap just the focuser.

If I use CPWI using the CPWI drivers instead of the ASCOM Celestron Telescope drivers, I get the slew controls and the focuser motor controls.

So it looks like some kind of Sharcap issue.

I am attaching a snapshot of the error message I am getting.

I guess that I did not look close enough at the error message but it says 'The focuser is not calibrated'. But I don't have this problem if I use a USB cable to the focuser so what is ASCOM or Sharcap looking for?
admin
Site Admin

Re: Celstron Focuser with Sharpcap

Post by admin »

Hi,

The text that you mention – 'the focuser is not calibrated' doesn't come from SharpCap – it must be a message that is being created by the Ascom driver for the focuser. Aside from pointing that out I can't give much more assistance without a screenshot and a SharpCap log file. Maybe there are some other members of the forums who have experience with the Celestron focuser – I'm afraid it's not one I've used.

Cheers, Robin
clouzot

Re: Celstron Focuser with Sharpcap

Post by clouzot »

There was an incompatibility between CPWI focuser driver (I gather you're using one the recent CPWI betas for that driver to exist anyway), which Robin fixed in the Feb 28 release of Sharpcap.

But CPWI is pretty unstable when it comes to ASCOM connections these days. Beta6 works fine, beta7 doesn't.