Crash with QHY10-C

A place to report problems and bugs in SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs

Please also read about Troubleshooting USB Issues before posting.

*** Please do not post license keys - please report any problems with licensing to 'admin' by private message ***

Please include the following details in any bug report:

* Version of SharpCap
* Camera and other hardware being user
* Operating system version
* Contents of the SharpCap log after the problem has occurred.
[If SharpCap crashes, please send the bug report when prompted instead of including the log]
kateetti

Crash with QHY10-C

Post by kateetti »

Hi!

I'm a new user of QHY10-C camera. It's working properly with Ezcap software (ver. 3.36). But not with SharpCap. I have tried with 32 and 64 bit versions. I get always the same error (the error code in not the same). Report of the error is with this post.

Can anybody help with this problem?
Attachments
crash report
crash report
SharpCap_crash.jpg (43.35 KiB) Viewed 1564 times
admin
Site Admin

Re: Crash with QHY10-C

Post by admin »

Hi,

What resolution does the camera run at in other software? From the crash report that you uploaded it looks like the camera reports two different resolutions to SharpCap (2616x3900 and 2816x3940). Based on experience with other Qhy models, SharpCap chooses the first of those two resolutions, but maybe it needs to use the second one in this case.

Cheers, Robin
frankleech

Post by frankleech »

Hi Robin,

First, I love using my registered copy of SharpCap Pro ver. 3.2.6248 with my QHY247C CMOS camera, BUT my QHY10-C CCD camera crashes my SharpCap Pro almost immediately after loading the QHY10. It crashes so quickly I don't have time to modify any of the camera parameters (resolution, file type, USB traffic settings, etc.). Is Windows 10 Pro 64bit incompatible with this older QHY10-C CCD camera? In your experience which driver from QHY should I be using?

QinXiaoXu at QHY support has indicated to me that "QHY10Drv64V10-11-8.zip" contains the executable that installs the correct driver for the QHY10-C. I did download it, I ran the install program and while SharpCap detects the camera with this driver, it still fails every time.

QinXiaoXu added this rather confusing information: "And QHY10 can use with Windows10,but it can't connect with SharpCap directly, QHY10 only has single mode, SharpCap is for live mode."

Do you know what this means?

Thanks,

David Leech
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi David,

SharpCap basically works like a video camera – it takes images all the time and then saves them when you press one of the capture buttons. Some cameras like the older qhy CCD cameras don't support video mode. SharpCap is aware of this and tries to run them like a video camera by just sending repeated requests to take images one after another. In theory, that would work except that the time taken to download each frame to the computer for these high resolution cameras is so long that almost all of the time the application is locked up downloading the next frame and you don't get a chance to change any settings.

That's the state of play in SharpCap 3.2 – SharpCap 3.3 which is currently in very early testing has a still camera mode where it will only take images when you press the snapshot button. This should work a lot better with cameras like your qhy 10 (although I must admit that I don't have camera of that type to test with, so I can't be 100% sure).

If you are interested in testing SharpCap 3.3, let me know.

Cheers, Robin
bluemoon737

Post by bluemoon737 »

Hi Robin,

I just picked up a used QHY10C as well and I'm having the same issue where Sharpcap crashes immediately. I just recently paid for my pro version (which works great for my new QHY5III462). The error I'm getting is something about memory corruption I think.

Any help would be appreciated.

Oh and Win 10 pro 64 bit.

Thanks,
Jeff
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

unfortunately, the new version 3.3 is unlikely to fix the problem you are experiencing - if there is memory corruption then it is probably coming from the QHY SDK, which is unchanged in 3.3 (I bring each new QHY SDK update into both SharpCap 3.2 and 3.3)

I've seen some suggestions recently that these sorts of problems may be resolved by switching between the 32 and 64 bit versions of SharpCap - ie try the other version to the one you have at the moment.

cheers,

Robin