No Way to Change Num. of Darks

A place to report problems and bugs in SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs

Please also read about Troubleshooting USB Issues before posting.

*** Please do not post license keys - please report any problems with licensing to 'admin' by private message ***

Please include the following details in any bug report:

* Version of SharpCap
* Camera and other hardware being user
* Operating system version
* Contents of the SharpCap log after the problem has occurred.
[If SharpCap crashes, please send the bug report when prompted instead of including the log]
Harmonious

No Way to Change Num. of Darks

Post by Harmonious »

In the Capture Darks dialog box step 2. is not an active control. There is no way to enter a number. If I make a dark the frame count is 11, which may the number I used for an earlier set when the dialog number of frames did accept input. Cameras used, ASI294Pro and ASI183 Pro. SC v 3.2.6137.0 Windows 10 Home 64 bit v 1903 Build 18362.535

-Thank you and Merry Christmas, Boxing Day and Happy New Year.
SC Dark Dialog.jpg
SC Dark Dialog.jpg (83.28 KiB) Viewed 1064 times
admin
Site Admin

Re: No Way to Change Num. of Darks

Post by admin »

Hi,

do you have a larger than normal font size set in Windows? I think that might be causing this window to run out of space. I will try to fix in the next updatre, but in the meantime setting the fonts down to their default size might help.

Robin
Harmonious

Post by Harmonious »

Thanks Robin. I think that this problem began when I decided to run two displays. The PC is out with the mount and was set up to run dual monitors at the mount. I decided to run things from in the house and replaced one of the displays with an HD plasma display connected via HDMI over cat 6. For whatever reason this caused Win 10 to set scaling at 150%. The only problem seems to be the darks dialog box.

I tried 100% and 125% scaling but neither causes the dialog box to scale correctly, so i look forward to your next update.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

Yuck… I tried different scaling options and couldn't get anything to break, but it sounds like you may have a higher resolution on one monitor than the other and that's something that is very difficult to cope with in Windows for some reason (okay, the reason is well known – Microsoft made a pig's ear of dealing with this particular issue).

I'm not sure that I can make a fix to that particular problem in a point update of SharpCap – I think it will require a significant change to the UI – taking away all the parts of the UI that use older technologies – before that can be reconciled.

Sorry, Robin