Sharpcap not showing output from Qhy5III178M after update.

A place to report problems and bugs in SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs

Please also read about Troubleshooting USB Issues before posting.

*** Please do not post license keys - please report any problems with licensing to 'admin' by private message ***

Please include the following details in any bug report:

* Version of SharpCap
* Camera and other hardware being user
* Operating system version
* Contents of the SharpCap log after the problem has occurred.
[If SharpCap crashes, please send the bug report when prompted instead of including the log]
Maluigix

Sharpcap not showing output from Qhy5III178M after update.

Post by Maluigix »

I updated to the latest release of Sharpcap Pro and since haven't been able to get any signal from my Monochrome Qhy5III178 cmos camera. I have tried downgrading the software version to a previous stable release with the same response, a blank white screen with no readings or response on the histogram. I don't believe the camera has an issue as the feed still displays in a lesser program like EZCAP. Any thoughts?
admin
Site Admin

Re: Sharpcap not showing output from Qhy5III178M after update.

Post by admin »

Hi,

I have the colour version of this camera and have just tested it and it is working fine. I'd suggest that you should check that you have the very latest version of the qhy Windows drivers (and sometimes an older version of these does not work well with the latest version of SharpCap). The other thing to do is to adjust the Turbo USB setting to different values to see if that will bring the camera to life.

Cheers, Robin
Maluigix

Post by Maluigix »

Hi Robin, I have uninstalled and reinstalled then checked the available updates for each driver (using the QHY tool Update check) and believe I have all the present versions. I also updated to the latest version of SharpCap, when you refer to Turbo USB settings, what do you specifically mean. Again, I believe that the camera can connect to Windows correctly as it displays in EZCAP but I am unsure what setting I may have incorrectly mismatched. Again, any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Attachments
Sharpcap issue.PNG
Sharpcap issue.PNG (117.51 KiB) Viewed 1604 times
Maluigix

Post by Maluigix »

Additionally, the camera will display a signal when using the QHYCCD Native WDM connection option but not when selecting the specific QHY5III178M option. As I am still new to the camera I probably have an incorrect setting or driver downloaded but it is escaping me as to why or when this happened.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

Actually I was thinking about the USB traffic control (it's called Turbo USB for the ZWO cameras and I was getting temporarily mixed up). However that's not what you need to adjust – from your screenshot I can see that the gamma control has somehow become set to 0.0 which is I think the cause of the white screen. The gamma should be set back to the default of 1.0 and you should then see a normal picture.

Cheers, Robin
Maluigix

Post by Maluigix »

Hi Robin,

That was exactly the issue. I deeply appreciate your assistance as I wouldn't have considered that as a cause. Thank you!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Excellent, glad to hear that sorted it. I have made a change to limit the minimum gamma to 0.1 in future versions which should help avoid the total whiteout situation.

Cheers, Robin