iOptron iEQ45-GTN

A place to report problems and bugs in SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs

Please also read about Troubleshooting USB Issues before posting.

*** Please do not post license keys - please report any problems with licensing to 'admin' by private message ***

Please include the following details in any bug report:

* Version of SharpCap
* Camera and other hardware being user
* Operating system version
* Contents of the SharpCap log after the problem has occurred.
[If SharpCap crashes, please send the bug report when prompted instead of including the log]
astrnmr

iOptron iEQ45-GTN

Post by astrnmr »

Using v3 of SC, I cannot connect to the iOptron ASCOM drivers without crashing SC. If it does connect, then SC becomes slow and unusable. Have you had any luck getting any of the iOptron drivers to work without issue?
admin
Site Admin

Re: iOptron iEQ45-GTN

Post by admin »

Hi,

I have been making fixes to the mount control code to try to better support the iOptron devices, but unfortunately I don't have one myself to work with, so I have to rely on people providing me with logs, feedback on new builds, bug reports, etc.

If you can send me two SharpCap log files

* One where it fails to connect
* One where it connects but then is unresponsive

it would be very helpful. Even if you can't show the log after the program becomes unresponsive, you can still find the saved file in

C:\Users\<your windows user name>\AppData\Local\SharpCap\logs

Since there can be a lot of files here, it's a good idea to delete them all then run your tests - makes it easier to find the right ones!

Please use the latesdt version of SharpCap 3.0 for testing.

thanks

Robin
astrnmr

Post by astrnmr »

Per our conversation the other day, I sent you some files to review. I reloaded my laptop to see if it would help and maybe clear up some issues, but I still have the issue of the program crashing when connecting directly to the mount. Found that the new iOptron drivers allow for multiple connections without having to use POTH so that cleared up some issues. As for the rest, they are still there. Ran the test for the ASCOM check per your request and submitted you the file.

For now, I have gone back to using MaximDL for plate solving and telescope control. It's just more reliable. Still using SharpCap to image with until you are able to get the bugs worked out but won't be able to use telescope control or plate solving in it.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

I think I can see a possible reason why the axis movement commands may not be working for you and I have written a possible fix and I also have a solution for the QHY filter naming issue (both will be in 3.1). I will try to get a preview build to you fairly soon for you to test the iOptron mount issue as I expect we will need to go round a couple more times while working this out I'm afraid.

cheers,

Robin
astrnmr

Post by astrnmr »

That is awesome. Let me know when the new version is completed and I'll test it.
astrnmr

Post by astrnmr »

Still having issues with the iOptron causing SC to lockup everytime it connects. Have you found a solution to the issue? Really want to be able to plate solve in SC. Currently I have to shutdown SC, load MaximDL, start up the camera again, take an image, platesolve it and sync. Then shut it down and restart SC once the object is centered.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

probably best to wait for the next alpha release and then see if that helps (capture logs from SharpCap and the iOptron driver if possible). The next alpha release also has blind plate solving which does not require the mount to be used (although it doesn't do anything with the solution except show it).

cheers,

Robin