"Auto Color Balance from Star Colors" button inoperative if Live Stacking is paused

A place to report problems and bugs in SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs

Please also read about Troubleshooting USB Issues before posting.

*** Please do not post license keys - please report any problems with licensing to 'admin' by private message ***

Please include the following details in any bug report:

* Version of SharpCap
* Camera and other hardware being user
* Operating system version
* Contents of the SharpCap log after the problem has occurred.
[If SharpCap crashes, please send the bug report when prompted instead of including the log]
saguaro

"Auto Color Balance from Star Colors" button inoperative if Live Stacking is paused

Post by saguaro »

The "Auto Color Balance from Star Colors" button doesn't work if Live Stacking is paused. I can click it but nothing happens. When live stacking is paused, I can "reset" the Auto Color Balance and I can do an Auto Color Balance from Histogram peaks. But clicking the "Auto Color Balance from Star Colors" button does nothing.

The button works as expected when live stacking is resumed.

SharpCap Pro version: 3.2.6121
Windows 10 with latest updates
ZWO 385MC camera

Thanks for taking a look.
admin
Site Admin

Re: "Auto Color Balance from Star Colors" button inoperative if Live Stacking is paused

Post by admin »

Hi,

thanks for the report - the internal list of stars in the stack gets cleared while stacking is paused and so it isn't available to do the colour balance. An easy one to fix.

cheers, Robin
sudeepban

Re: "Auto Color Balance from Star Colors" button inoperative if Live Stacking is paused

Post by sudeepban »

Is this bug still present in version 3.2.6248.0? I've noticed the issue a few times recently, where trying to auto-balance based on star colors doesn't do anything, I'd like to be sure I'm not doing anything wrong. I do pause the live stacking from time to time given the less than consistent tracking with my 8SE, so it could be the same culprit.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

As far as I'm aware this bug is now fully fixed. If you have problems with the auto colour balance then please try again with the log window open – the auto White balance button should log some information to the log window if there is a problem. For instance if you are not aligning or there are no stars being found then the star-based colour balance may not operate and will log a message to explain why.

Cheers, Robin
sudeepban

Post by sudeepban »

Thanks for the quick response! Will make sure to look for that log message next time I encounter the issue.