The telescope control panel does not show up

A place to report problems and bugs in SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs

Please also read about Troubleshooting USB Issues before posting.

*** Please do not post license keys - please report any problems with licensing to 'admin' by private message ***

Please include the following details in any bug report:

* Version of SharpCap
* Camera and other hardware being user
* Operating system version
* Contents of the SharpCap log after the problem has occurred.
[If SharpCap crashes, please send the bug report when prompted instead of including the log]
astromusic

The telescope control panel does not show up

Post by astromusic »

Hi,

When I use the ASI camera, the telescope control panel always shows up on the right side to use.

However, if I use the "folder monitor" camera, the telescope control panel does NOT show up. Is there a way to make it show up? I want to plate solve using the latest capture file from the folder, and sync the scope to that co-ordinate. Maybe there is a way to force it?
admin
Site Admin

Re: The telescope control panel does not show up

Post by admin »

Hi,

Actually the hardware controls are deliberately suppressed for that camera as I didn't imagine anybody wanting to use them while they were working with images from a folder – that shows how wrong I was!

I will have a look to see how easy it would be to reinstate them and to check that there will be no adverse side effects.

Cheers, Robin
astromusic

Post by astromusic »

Yeah, I know the feeling (being a software developer myself!). Just when you think you have it figured out, some customer comes up with a use case that you thought was silly.

I can assure you the need is real. I am using a DSLR, and doing timed captures to feed into Sharpcap. So, this becomes essential.
astromusic

Post by astromusic »

Also, just to let you know, the "whole sky plate solving" menu item works just fine with this folder watch camera, and solves the plate. Of course, it is a pain to manually copy and enter the co-ordinates into Stellarium. Also, the display goes away rather quickly.

Is there any hacky way to enable the telescope control panel to show up?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

No, there's no hacking way to do it, but I just remove the two lines of code that I put in deliberately to suppress it, so the next update should show the telescope control panel with the folder monitor camera.

Hopefully I'll have the online within a few days – there is an updated QHY SDK that I want to bring in too before the next update.

Cheers, Robin
astromusic

Post by astromusic »

Thanks. How will I know when it is available?
astromusic

Post by astromusic »

From the other thread, I gather that the QHY SDK is as done as it is going to get for a while. So, can I expect to see this fixed pushed out now? ;)
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

Actually, I think this was in the update that I pushed out a couple of days ago – I just didn't get the time to come back to this thread and reply.

Cheers, Robin
astromusic

Post by astromusic »

Hmmm... when I tried last night, it said no new updates. I will check again when I get home.
astromusic

Post by astromusic »

OK, so the Help->Check for Updates doesn't work. I manually downloaded the latest version from the website, and that one does have the problem fixed.