File name issue

A place to report problems and bugs in SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs

Please also read about Troubleshooting USB Issues before posting.

*** Please do not post license keys - please report any problems with licensing to 'admin' by private message ***

Please include the following details in any bug report:

* Version of SharpCap
* Camera and other hardware being user
* Operating system version
* Contents of the SharpCap log after the problem has occurred.
[If SharpCap crashes, please send the bug report when prompted instead of including the log]
chongo228

File name issue

Post by chongo228 »

SC 3.2.6086.0, Windows 10, ZWO1600mm-c

This might be a bug or I'm doing something wrong.

I was making some fine tuning to my hardware using Live stack last night. I would measure my t2 rings and use that as the file name as I dialed in my field flattener spacing. I named a file 61mm in the file name box at the top tool bar and then clicked live stack. After a few minutes I cleared live stack and deselected it from the top tool bar so I was back in the opening scree just showing the last frame. After making some adjustments I changed the file name to 60mm and started live stacking again with a clear stack. SC saved these new files under the 61mm file name and not the name I had typed into the box. I even selected "save exactly as seen" and it put that in the 61mm file name.

To work around it I had to move the previous file to another directory and then SC created a new folder with the correct file name. Is this a bug or am I "pausing" live stack when I deselect it at the top? If so how do I shut it down so it will "relearn" new settings/file names?
admin
Site Admin

Re: File name issue

Post by admin »

Hi,

It looks from the code as though the target name is taken when the first frame is processed after resetting – that means it could still have picked up the original name because you reset before you change the name. I think that resetting a second time after you've changed the name would be a workaround for the moment.

Thanks, Robin
chongo228

Re: File name issue

Post by chongo228 »

That would explain why it only did it sometimes. I must have hit buttons in a different order without realizing it.

Thanks for the help.