Sharpcap crashed when i want to change binning

A place to report problems and bugs in SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs

Please also read about Troubleshooting USB Issues before posting.

*** Please do not post license keys - please report any problems with licensing to 'admin' by private message ***

Please include the following details in any bug report:

* Version of SharpCap
* Camera and other hardware being user
* Operating system version
* Contents of the SharpCap log after the problem has occurred.
[If SharpCap crashes, please send the bug report when prompted instead of including the log]
baddaddie

Sharpcap crashed when i want to change binning

Post by baddaddie »

Hello,
Sorry for my english ;)

Sharpcap always crashed and freezed when i will change binning. On klick on Binning and crash.

Camera: ATIK 414ex mono (lates Ascom Driver)
Shapcap latest Version
PC: Win 10 1903 64bit, 16gb Ram, USB3, i5 4200h

With Artemis Capture i have no Problems.

Can Someone help me? Bugreporting is not possible, cause Sharcap ist freezing while writing the report.

Thank you und many CS

Oliver
admin
Site Admin

Re: Sharpcap crashed when i want to change binning

Post by admin »

Hi,

You could try showing the SharpCap log (from the help menu) before you try to make the change to the binning. Once the log is showing you may be able to see the last few entries that are added when the binning is being changed even if you can't create a bug report. A screenshot showing the last lines of text added to the log might be enough to point me in the right direction.

Cheers, Robin
baddaddie

Post by baddaddie »

Hi Robin,

now i was able to send a report. But it takes many trys. In the logfile was nothing to see. No entry after klick on binning. After sending the report the logfile was white (no entry) and then sharpcap closed.

Cheers
Oliver
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

I can see your uploaded bug report but so far can't work out exactly what is going on. There may be more chance of working out what is going on if you go to the settings and turn on the option to record extra information in the log before opening the camera. Then repeat your test of changing the binning and submit the error report again and finally let me know that you've done this.

Thanks, Robin
baddaddie

Post by baddaddie »

Hi,

Report is on the way to you :)

Thanks for your help

Oliver
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

Thanks – I had a look at the bug report and it seems that SharpCap is doing a lot of repetitive checks on the Ascom mount after the binning change. Can you try disabling the Ascom out in the hardware settings and seeing if you can then change the binning on your camera? If that works once the mount is no longer selected then we would know to focus further investigations on the mount hardware code.

Thanks, Robin
baddaddie

Post by baddaddie »

Hi,

new Bugreport on the way. Nothing connectet. No Mount, Filterwheel or Focuser. Nothing selectet by Hardwaresetting. Only the Camera. I take serveral trys, but nothing changes the result. Crahs/Freeze

Thanks
Oliver
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks. It least it rules out that possibility although I'm not quite sure what it leaves is a possibility!

Cheers, Robin