Sharpcap is drunk

A place to report problems and bugs in SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs

Please also read about Troubleshooting USB Issues before posting.

*** Please do not post license keys - please report any problems with licensing to 'admin' by private message ***

Please include the following details in any bug report:

* Version of SharpCap
* Camera and other hardware being user
* Operating system version
* Contents of the SharpCap log after the problem has occurred.
[If SharpCap crashes, please send the bug report when prompted instead of including the log]
forna91

Sharpcap is drunk

Post by forna91 »

Hello everyone, sometime sharpcap is drunk... In this way

I have my camera setting, RAW 16 debayer on Force Rggb.

For the RAW16 sharpcap, olso witouth closing the software, or reconnecting the camera, switch automatically to RAW8..... Damn how many hours I've lost.
Olso when i want to do flat file he switch to ser olso with "auto" not checked why?

Debayer:
I usually open fits file with fits liberator for Read the header
Sometime sharpcap save the file with a different debayer setting like yesterday night:
First sessione Andromeda is rggb
Pleiadi are Gbrg
And I don't restart the software
Can the field debayer preview chang the final result on the file?
This is a very big problem cause I don't know how to replicate this problem and I don't have the correct dark to substract...

Please fix it
admin
Site Admin

Re: Sharpcap is drunk

Post by admin »

Hi,

Are you always processing your images in the same software? Various other pieces of astronomy software don't agree about the Bayer pattern for an image – for instance opening the same image file in Astro art and pixinsight would need different Bayer pattern selected in the two pieces of software just because they can't agree how the Bayer pattern should work (one starts the Bayer pattern from the top left of the image, the other from the bottom left).

If that's not a factor then the next most likely thing is using flip functionality provided by your camera – although I did think that for ZWO cameras at least SharpCap is aware that using the flip functionality changes the Bayer pattern required and updates the viewed image and the meta data in the saved files correctly. To be honest I always avoid using flip functionality while imaging as it adds extra complexity – if you want to rotate or flip the image do so at the very last stage after processing.

As far as I'm aware there's no way that SharpCap can automatically change from for instance RAW16 to RAW8 without either the user manually changing that setting or the user loading capture profile that alters the setting. I certainly had no other reports of similar problems.

Cheers, Robin
forna91

Re: Sharpcap is drunk

Post by forna91 »

Yes, I use everytime sharpcap for acquiring and pixinsight, so if I use sharpcap flip function olso bayer pattern will change?
Maybe sometimes I used flip function in sharpcap but sincerly I don't remember...I will make some try

For the raw8 and raw16 now I want to investigate and I will show you the prblome, maybe the problem is on startup or switching to ser to fits :?: I don't know I'll look