Limited Telescope mount control

A place to report problems and bugs in SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs

Please also read about Troubleshooting USB Issues before posting.

*** Please do not post license keys - please report any problems with licensing to 'admin' by private message ***

Please include the following details in any bug report:

* Version of SharpCap
* Camera and other hardware being user
* Operating system version
* Contents of the SharpCap log after the problem has occurred.
[If SharpCap crashes, please send the bug report when prompted instead of including the log]
bobequus

Limited Telescope mount control

Post by bobequus »

I am unable to fully control my Vixen SXP mount with SharpCap (both 3.1 and 3.2) If I try to use the control buttons, nothing happens. I am able to park the scope (Polaris) and after unparking, the control buttons will respond only one time. I.E., if I hit the east button, slewing starts, but I cannot stop it. Once I do stop it using ASCOM POTH, the buttons are no longer responsive. I get the same result with and without POTH running. I have full control in other software like CdC and APT. Setup shows a connection to the StarBook 10 controller and the controller works fine. Latest drivers and firmware is installed. All other functions of SharpCap work extremely well.

TIA
Bobby
Attachments
Sharpcap Log.txt
(64.54 KiB) Downloaded 92 times
Dell Xeon Laptop 64GB Memory / Windows 10
Meade DSI IV Mono
ZWO ASI183MC Pro Cooled
Vixen SXP / Starbook Ten
QHY CFW2-M-US
Pegasus Astro FocusCube 2
Vixen AX103 / SkyWatcher 12 / Canon 200 f2.8L / Canon 300 f4L /Vixen VISAC
admin
Site Admin

Re: Limited Telescope mount control

Post by admin »

Hi Bobby,

Are you using some sort of remote control software to access the PC that is running SharpCap? The reason I ask is that we've seen this sort of problem before with some remote control software causing those buttons not work correctly. Changing remote control software (for instance to Microsoft's Remote Desktop) has fixed this problem for some people.

Cheers, Robin