Problems with PoleMaster

A place to report problems and bugs in SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs

Please also read about Troubleshooting USB Issues before posting.

*** Please do not post license keys - please report any problems with licensing to 'admin' by private message ***

Please include the following details in any bug report:

* Version of SharpCap
* Camera and other hardware being user
* Operating system version
* Contents of the SharpCap log after the problem has occurred.
[If SharpCap crashes, please send the bug report when prompted instead of including the log]
cytan299

Re: Problems with PoleMaster

Post by cytan299 »

I received a message this morning that QHY has fixed the saturation problem and will be posting a new SDK soon.

cytan
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thank you, that's great news. As soon I get a notification of the new update I will try to make a new version of SharpCap available very quickly.

Cheers, Robin
tc.astro

Post by tc.astro »

Is this fixed in the QHY SDK 6.0.1 version in the 30 September 2019 release?
Gpapa

Post by Gpapa »

Problem fixed with the Sep 30th update of SC running the latest Polemaster driver as long as I unplug and then reinsert the usb of the Polemaster every time I connect to SC.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

I had rather hoped that this new version of the QHY SDK would fix this problem fully, but it is at least good to hear that there is now a reliable workaround of replugging the camera each time that isn't too dreadful.

Cheers, Robin
tc.astro

Post by tc.astro »

Haven't tried it yet (waiting on the weather) but unplugging the Polemaster is a pain (it's screwed in at the Polemaster end, and the other end is inside a watertight box).

So I'm going to continue to use SharpCap 3.1 and I'm happy to do that as long as paying for the 3.2 Pro option still keeps the 3.1 Pro option alive (eh Robin).
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

Yes a valid pro licence will work in any version of SharpCap (3.0 and above) that you happen to have installed. If you have more than one version installed and you update or install a new licence then you may need to enter the new licence on each version.

Cheers, Robin
cytan299

Post by cytan299 »

Gpapa wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:51 am Problem fixed with the Sep 30th update of SC running the latest Polemaster driver as long as I unplug and then reinsert the usb of the Polemaster every time I connect to SC.
Hi
I don't see what you see. PoleMaster with qhyccd.dll bundled with Sharpcap 3.2.6117 works: no saturation at all regardless of how many times I plug/unplug PoleMaster, start/restart Sharpcap. Perhaps you can tell us what steps you used so that I can reproduce what you see.

The speed settings that I'm using are: Speed = 0; USB traffic = 100. These settings give a max fps = 4.

Hey Robin, what do these settings mean?
The only time I see any reduction of fps is when I set USB traffic above or below 100. Other speed settings in Speed don't seem to affect fps at all.

cytan
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

For QHY cameras, turning down the USB traffic control tends to increase the frame rate. I think this control is supposed to be something along the lines of how much of the USB bandwidth is left for other usages. On the other hand if you set this to low then frames can become intermittent or stop entirely – there is usually a sweet spot which may vary from PC to PC that gives the best frame rate. The speed control, for cameras that have it, tends to do what it would suggest an increase the frame rates although again sometimes the lowest values give the most reliable operation.

Cheers, Robin
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

Another user has suggested in this thread – viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2000&p=10402#p10402 – that reducing the resolution may help work around the issue. Not perfect, but if it gets things working then it may well be good enough.

Cheers, Robin