Crash with Weiner deconvolution

A place to report problems and bugs in SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs

Please also read about Troubleshooting USB Issues before posting.

*** Please do not post license keys - please report any problems with licensing to 'admin' by private message ***

Please include the following details in any bug report:

* Version of SharpCap
* Camera and other hardware being user
* Operating system version
* Contents of the SharpCap log after the problem has occurred.
[If SharpCap crashes, please send the bug report when prompted instead of including the log]
bemo47

Crash with Weiner deconvolution

Post by bemo47 »

I try to use the weiner deconvolution very often as it enhance a lot the contrast and general quality, but very often i have sharpcap crashing in the middle.

One question i have also, is it better to launch it right at the start, on 1st image, or can it be launched at the end, when the stack is complete ? or in the middle ?

Sorry for the lack of info...
Sharpcap 3.2
ASI1600MC with ZWO native driver
Windows 10 17763
log sent via the prompt before closure of sharpcap, if not enough i can send more

sharpcap2.JPG
sharpcap2.JPG (46.95 KiB) Viewed 1132 times
sharpcap1.JPG
sharpcap1.JPG (36.58 KiB) Viewed 1132 times
admin
Site Admin

Re: Crash with Weiner deconvolution

Post by admin »

Hi,

I think it's fairly certain that the error you're getting is due to the deconvolution routine running out of memory. Your best bet will be to try the 64-bit version of SharpCap which should hopefully eliminate this sort of error completely. Note that you can have both the 64 and 32 bit versions installed at the same time on the same PC.

Cheers, Robin
bemo47

Re: Crash with Weiner deconvolution

Post by bemo47 »

thanks a lot, additional question : my level is 5986 and the check updates says no new version... but the last is 6054...

anyway i will download the last 64 bits one !