SC doesn't work with Gemini Telescope.NET ASCOM driver

A place to report problems and bugs in SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs

Please also read about Troubleshooting USB Issues before posting.

*** Please do not post license keys - please report any problems with licensing to 'admin' by private message ***

Please include the following details in any bug report:

* Version of SharpCap
* Camera and other hardware being user
* Operating system version
* Contents of the SharpCap log after the problem has occurred.
[If SharpCap crashes, please send the bug report when prompted instead of including the log]
GregL

Re: SC doesn't work with Gemini Telescope.NET ASCOM driver

Post by GregL »

Thanks, Robin.

The turnaround on this one will be a tad slower than the last. We are getting -35C windchills and a mess of blowing snow. I will power up the dome after I have been able to dig into it to see how much snow got pushed in through the cracks... (I vacuum it out). Winter used to be fun... wonder what happened?

greg
turfpit

Post by turfpit »

Greg
Winter used to be fun... wonder what happened?
We all got (much) older …

Dave
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Greg,

No hurry – that sounds like some serious whether you are having so keep safe and warm from it and give it a test when you get a chance.

Cheers, Robin
GregL

Post by GregL »

Robin,

Not much of a test, but it didn't blow up this time so I suspect your latest could have addressed the problem. After checking the dome for snow, I powered things up, installed the new version and connected to the mount. Moved it around a bit using the directional arrows in Sharpcap -- no nastygrams. Big progress... thanks. Now the next time I can actually use the scope I can give it a better test. But for now it superficially appears that we are ok.

Regards,

greg
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Greg,

That sounds very promising – if it's moving the telescope mount around then I think it should all be working now. Did you get a chance to test it as all the 3 possible speeds? That's the only thing that I would be concerned about not falling into place now the main problem is fixed.

Cheers, Robin