Inconvenient bug?

A place to report problems and bugs in SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs

Please also read about Troubleshooting USB Issues before posting.

*** Please do not post license keys - please report any problems with licensing to 'admin' by private message ***

Please include the following details in any bug report:

* Version of SharpCap
* Camera and other hardware being user
* Operating system version
* Contents of the SharpCap log after the problem has occurred.
[If SharpCap crashes, please send the bug report when prompted instead of including the log]
jonno

Inconvenient bug?

Post by jonno »

Just a quick question about SharpCap 2.9.3011

Previously I had used it with a Philips SPC900 in LX mode, but last night I wanted to use my other (unmodded) SPC900.

When I fired up SharpCap it kept prompting me to select the COM port and control lines for LX control. Cancelling the dialog box was met with it popping up again. I couldn't do anything in SharpCap because of this.

To get round the issue, I had to get my Serial/USB adaptor, plug it in to the laptop, and then its COM port was detected and the pop up didn't keep re-appearing after I dismissed it.

I was then able to select normal SPC900 camera and get on with imaging Venus.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Inconvenient bug?

Post by admin »

Hi Jonno,

I think that you probably need to go to the settings and untick ' Automatically connect to camera when SharpCap Starts'.

When this is ticked SharpCap will try to connect to the last used camera when it starts up which I expect was your SPC900 in LX mode. If you uncheck this then you can manually pick which camera to open after startup and then choose the SPC from the menu in the normal DirectShow section rather than in the LX section of the cameras list.

I do take your point that it is impossible to escape from the cycle of re-setting the LX options if you have no serial port avaialble - I will try to work out a way to get around that.

cheers,

Robin
jonno

Re: Inconvenient bug?

Post by jonno »

Thanks Robin. I'll check that setting.