Align Frame checkbox

A place to report problems and bugs in SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs

Please also read about Troubleshooting USB Issues before posting.

*** Please do not post license keys - please report any problems with licensing to 'admin' by private message ***

Please include the following details in any bug report:

* Version of SharpCap
* Camera and other hardware being user
* Operating system version
* Contents of the SharpCap log after the problem has occurred.
[If SharpCap crashes, please send the bug report when prompted instead of including the log]
umasscrew39

Align Frame checkbox

Post by umasscrew39 »

HI Robin

I realize this is a minor problem in the big scheme of things but the manual states under Live Stacking........

"Controls Group
· Align Frames – turn alignment and de-rotation on/off (default on)......"

However, most of the time it is not default on (i.e., unchecked) and I did not realize this when first learning, thinking I had a mount issue or other major problem. It would be nice to fix this or change the statement in the manual to alert the user to confirm that the box is checked.

Best,
Bruce
admin
Site Admin

Re: Align Frame checkbox

Post by admin »

Hi Bruce,

It's meant to remember the previous state of the checkbox, so if you turn it on then it should be on the next time you run SharpCap and if you turn it off then it should be off the next time.

However it looks like if you try to run live stacking when you are in raw mode and have deliberately turned off debayering, then the checkbox will become un-ticked (this is required since it is impossible to align a non-debayered raw frame correctly). As a side effect this will then remember the checkbox being unchecked for the next time you run live stacking even if the next time you are using settings which allow alignment to proceed.

I will try to work out a way to prevent this particular situation from remembering that the alignment is turned off, but it looks like you should be able to avoid the situation by not trying to run live stacking on raw images with the debayering option set to off.

Hope this helps, Robin