Filter in Filename

A place to report problems and bugs in SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs

Please also read about Troubleshooting USB Issues before posting.

*** Please do not post license keys - please report any problems with licensing to 'admin' by private message ***

Please include the following details in any bug report:

* Version of SharpCap
* Camera and other hardware being user
* Operating system version
* Contents of the SharpCap log after the problem has occurred.
[If SharpCap crashes, please send the bug report when prompted instead of including the log]
Paul

Filter in Filename

Post by Paul »

I am using a ZWO EFW with 5 slots, coupled to a ZWO ASI1600 MM Pro camera.
Even though I have ticked the "Append Filter Name" box in SharpCap Settings>Filenames, SharpCap is not appending the filter name to the name of the captured image.
The EFW filter wheel is accessible from the SharpCap Camera Control Panel, and I have named the filters "Luminance", "Red", "Green" and "Blue". For some reason, SharpCap is not picking these up.
One odd (to my mind) thing is that the EFW filter wheel does not show up in SharpCap Settings>Hardware as an entry against "Filer Wheel", unless it is actually plugged in and operating - perhaps this is relevant?
Paul
admin
Site Admin

Re: Filter in Filename

Post by admin »

Hi,

You may be right that the issue is related to the fact that SharpCap handles the EFW wheels directly rather than by their Ascom drivers. Since I believe an Ascom driver does exist for this filter wheel it might be interesting to test by installing that and using the wheel via its Ascom driver and see if that fixes the issue.

Cheers, Robin
Paul

Post by Paul »

Thanks Robin
I tried the ASCOM approach, but that made no difference.

However (strangely enough) SharpCap updated the filename template correctly, when I ticked the "Edit Filename Templates Manually" to include the Filter name. So it seems to work OK now. A bit counter-intuitive ...

But now I don't seem to be able to include {Exposure} in the filename template however, for single images, even when editing manually. Any ideas?

Paul
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Paul,

I see the same issue as you in that the filter name only works when the manual box for file naming is checked – I will have to look into that. Exposure times in the filename do work correctly for me however.
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (7.43 KiB) Viewed 2944 times
Cheers, Robin
Paul

Post by Paul »

Robin

I still can't get {Exposure} to work, at least with the test cameras.

I can make it appear in the filename template, but it doesn't show up in the final filename.

Did you test your template with {exposure} in it, to see if it actually produced a correct filename for an actual image?

Paul
ippiu

Post by ippiu »

Paul wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 6:20 am Robin

I still can't get {Exposure} to work, at least with the test cameras.

I can make it appear in the filename template, but it doesn't show up in the final filename.

Did you test your template with {exposure} in it, to see if it actually produced a correct filename for an actual image?

Paul
As i mentioned sometime ago, "exposure" should be single frame exposure and "total exposure" should be total live stacking time, right?
Instead, "exposure" is "total exposure": Robin, did you fix it in your latest release (3.2.5994)??

As you can see in my attached image, here you can find my manual template name: everything should be correct, but "exposure" continues to be "total exposure"
Attachments
Anonimo.jpg
Anonimo.jpg (83.25 KiB) Viewed 2924 times
IOptron Cem40 + Apo 115 f7 + Asi533 Pro + Asiair Pro + Optolong L-eNhance + L-Pro 2"
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

Yes, the exposure did come out in the filename for me.
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (67 KiB) Viewed 2917 times
Remember that you have to put the exposure tag in the second template down for it to apply to still frame captures. The top template applies to video captures.

Cheers, Robin
ippiu

Post by ippiu »

Thanks.
But you intended exposure tag in still or sequence template.
As you can see in my screenshot, i mean exposure tag in stack template and stack processed template. Could you please confirm if my stack templates are correct?
IOptron Cem40 + Apo 115 f7 + Asi533 Pro + Asiair Pro + Optolong L-eNhance + L-Pro 2"
Paul

Post by Paul »

Hi Robin
I thought the first template was the one to use for snapshots. It works fine for me now.
Cheers: Paul
ippiu

Post by ippiu »

admin wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 8:30 pm Hi,

Yes, the exposure did come out in the filename for me.

No, it doesn't for me.
Look at this....You can see that exposure should be 4 s, not 32 s. Exposure isn't single frame exposure, but it's total exposure...

Do you understand now?
I begin to think that I made a mistake in editing the filename for live stack templates.

Thanks
Attachments
doc1.jpg
doc1.jpg (261.45 KiB) Viewed 2893 times