Problem doing long exposures

A place to report problems and bugs in SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs

Please also read about Troubleshooting USB Issues before posting.

*** Please do not post license keys - please report any problems with licensing to 'admin' by private message ***

Please include the following details in any bug report:

* Version of SharpCap
* Camera and other hardware being user
* Operating system version
* Contents of the SharpCap log after the problem has occurred.
[If SharpCap crashes, please send the bug report when prompted instead of including the log]
freeyourmind0408

Problem doing long exposures

Post by freeyourmind0408 »

Lately I've been having problems doing long exposures. By long, i mean more that 4 seconds. Whether i check the LX Mode box or not, anything over 4 seconds and the ticker for the exposure time (bottom right) just keeps going and the preview never pops up. i didn't have this problem when i first installed the program....it just started happening about 2 weeks ago. i bought Sharpcap pro thinking an upgrade would help the problem...but it didn't. wondering if anyone has experienced this issue and/or has any idea how to fix it?
admin
Site Admin

Re: Problem doing long exposures

Post by admin »

Hi,

Aside from the general suggestion of reading the USB troubleshooting checklist and trying the suggestions there (the sort of things can sometimes help for the sort of problems you describe), we can't give any further specific advice without knowing make and model of camera you are using.

Cheers, Robin