Can't find dll

A place to report problems and bugs in SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs

Please also read about Troubleshooting USB Issues before posting.

*** Please do not post license keys - please report any problems with licensing to 'admin' by private message ***

Please include the following details in any bug report:

* Version of SharpCap
* Camera and other hardware being user
* Operating system version
* Contents of the SharpCap log after the problem has occurred.
[If SharpCap crashes, please send the bug report when prompted instead of including the log]
OzMaz

Can't find dll

Post by OzMaz »

Hi Folks,

Having just purchased SharpCap I really haven't progressed very far.

* Start up SharpCap.
* Select a camera, ZWO ASI120MM Mini and it connects no problem. I can see images.
* Select Polar Align and then Next and the program becomes very busy and does not respond.
After few minutes the application starts discarding images and finally expires with a message stating it cant find a dll.
SharpCap.StarDetector.dll

After that the app quits.

I've sent a few 'Send and Quit' messages but am not sure if it's getting through.

I've had a look using FileExplorer and the file does indeed exists.

Any ideas?
admin
Site Admin

Re: Can't find dll

Post by admin »

Hi,

I have located your bug report and I see that the DLL in question is being found out an error is occurring during the load of the DLL which stops the polar alignment in its tracks as soon as it starts trying to detect stars. I think the period of busyness just before that is the time during which SharpCap is building the polar alignment plate solving database, so I don't think that's a serious problem.

I must admit I've never seen an issue like this one before and I believe it at a loss of what to suggest except that it may be worth trying the 32-bit version of SharpCap instead of the 64-bit version that you are using. The 64-bit version only really provides an advantage if you are planning to use very high resolution cameras for live stacking – otherwise the 32-bit version should do fine even on 64-bit Windows.

Let me know switching to the 32-bit version helps, Robin