Stack - Histogram - Color curves

A place to report problems and bugs in SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs

Please also read about Troubleshooting USB Issues before posting.

*** Please do not post license keys - please report any problems with licensing to 'admin' by private message ***

Please include the following details in any bug report:

* Version of SharpCap
* Camera and other hardware being user
* Operating system version
* Contents of the SharpCap log after the problem has occurred.
[If SharpCap crashes, please send the bug report when prompted instead of including the log]
roelb

Stack - Histogram - Color curves

Post by roelb »

Version 3.2.5958.0
Using ZWO ASI224MC
In the stack window: when I alter the color bars height at the right of the histogram the color graphs don't translate.
I want to center the color curves above the white curve to obtain a natural color.
Also the automatic color adjustment alter the color curves.
In the small histogram (no stack) changes can be made with the Red and Blue sliders.
Roel
Celestron Nexstar Evolution 8 - Celestron Nexstar 6 SE - StarSense
ZWO ASI533MC-Pro -- ZWO ASI533MM-Pro
BlackWikkett

Re: Stack - Histogram - Color curves

Post by BlackWikkett »

Red and blue sliders in the image control section on the right hand side will change the signal at the camera source and thus effect the large histogram in live stacking. The red green and blue vertical sliders in the live stack histogram window are post processing controls. You'll see the effect of changing these controls in the small display histogram.

Auto color affect the camera source signal it basically move the red and blue sliders in image control.
I want to center the color curves above the white curve to obtain a natural color.
You want to white balance your image. I recommend leaving the red and blue sliders in image controls at 50 / 50 and adjust the colors with the live stack histogram controls

see this thread viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1282 on page 5 I describe the process I've had much success with.
roelb

Re: Stack - Histogram - Color curves

Post by roelb »

Thanks a lot for this explanation!
Roel
Celestron Nexstar Evolution 8 - Celestron Nexstar 6 SE - StarSense
ZWO ASI533MC-Pro -- ZWO ASI533MM-Pro