Sharpcap stops previewing

A place to report problems and bugs in SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs

Please also read about Troubleshooting USB Issues before posting.

*** Please do not post license keys - please report any problems with licensing to 'admin' by private message ***

Please include the following details in any bug report:

* Version of SharpCap
* Camera and other hardware being user
* Operating system version
* Contents of the SharpCap log after the problem has occurred.
[If SharpCap crashes, please send the bug report when prompted instead of including the log]
cuivenion

Sharpcap stops previewing

Post by cuivenion »

This occurs with version 3.0.3888 when using the Altair GPCAM V1:

When using the quick picks for exposure in LX mode Sharpcap stops previewing and continues to show the last frame. I also get an error message sometimes when this occurs saying Sharpcap is about to shut down and I should copy the log file. It doesn't shut down however and I just continue using it. Flicking to a non lx exposure and back again seems to fix the bug.

It look's like there's a couple of new versions out, but I'd though I'd report it anyway. Please find the log file attached.
Attachments
log.txt
(79.21 KiB) Downloaded 146 times
admin
Site Admin

Re: Sharpcap stops previewing

Post by admin »

Ok, so first things first there are no Altair changes in 3901 or 3906, so unlikely that those builds will help you.

Second up, the 'Do you want to report' message box actually doesn't do anything (oops) - I tried to bring all the camera error handling onto common code about a month back and obviously missed that code in the Altair cameras when I was doing it.

I don't see this happening with my GPCAMs, so I will have to work from your reports and feedback to try to find a solution or workaround -
I have just tidied this up and also added some code that will attempt to reset the camera automatically in the same way that changing the exposure does if 2 frames in a row give this error - this will be in the next release build. Hopefully this will help.

cheers,

Robin