Ser file not the same color as preview

A place to report problems and bugs in SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs

Please also read about Troubleshooting USB Issues before posting.

*** Please do not post license keys - please report any problems with licensing to 'admin' by private message ***

Please include the following details in any bug report:

* Version of SharpCap
* Camera and other hardware being user
* Operating system version
* Contents of the SharpCap log after the problem has occurred.
[If SharpCap crashes, please send the bug report when prompted instead of including the log]
donboy

Ser file not the same color as preview

Post by donboy »

Imaged Jupiter the other night with ASI224 and used Auto WB and image color was typical Jupiter colors. When I went to process the .ser file it was blue instead of a dirty light orangish color as was in the preview. Not sure if I did anything to cause this. SC v. 3.0.3861

Don
admin
Site Admin

Re: Ser file not the same color as preview

Post by admin »

Hi Don,

sounds like your processing program is using the wrong debayer pattern - there should be an option somewhere in the program to switch the debayer pattern and when you get the right one it will show the right colours.

Normally this shouldn't happen - please could you let me know what camera and what processing program you are using so I can investigate further.

cheers,

Robin
donboy

Post by donboy »

OK - Thanks

I can't find where in Registax to change the matrix. In the SER Player it is set to Auto Bayer Matrix but that is blue also is RGGB. It appears with more natural colors in BGGR.

Don
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Ah, I can't find it in Registax either :(

You can convert using PIPP (you'll find it at the same place as SER Player) or you can sack using AS!2 which has 'Force XXXX' options in the colour menu. Most people seem to use AS!2 for stacking these days as it is faster, more accurate and less temperamental than Registax, although loading the final image into Registax for wavelet adjustment is still popular.

What camera were you using? I want to look into this to try to fix the bug so that it doesn't happen in future.

cheers,

Robin
donboy

Post by donboy »

ASI071
donboy

Post by donboy »

Sorry wasn't ASI071.

It was ASI224
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Don,

that's OK, it happens with the ASI071 too - if you use the flip control. I'd tried to fix another bug related to the use of flip and broken this. Fixed now, just checking a new build before releasing it.

cheers,

Robin