Align Frames Checkbox is Disabled

A place to report problems and bugs in SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs

Please also read about Troubleshooting USB Issues before posting.

*** Please do not post license keys - please report any problems with licensing to 'admin' by private message ***

Please include the following details in any bug report:

* Version of SharpCap
* Camera and other hardware being user
* Operating system version
* Contents of the SharpCap log after the problem has occurred.
[If SharpCap crashes, please send the bug report when prompted instead of including the log]
Hatchet

Align Frames Checkbox is Disabled

Post by Hatchet »

I've just set up a new PC and installed sharpcap. I went to use it tonight and no frames were being aligned in the live stack. I tried to turn on the "Align Frames" checkbox, but the control is disabled. It is also disabled on the "Alignment" tab of the livestack window.

Any idea what could be the cause of this? I plugged the camera back into my previous laptop and everything was working fine.
The only difference is that on the new machine, I am connecting to it by remote desktop to run sharpcap.

Tried on Versions 3.1.5207 and 3.2.5936 with the same results. Windows 10 Pro using an ASI294MC camera.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Align Frames Checkbox is Disabled

Post by admin »

Hi,

The most likely cause of this is that you have either deliberately or unwittingly disabled the debayering option for your camera, meaning that the images being sent to the live stacking are raw frames. If this happens then the alignment option is disabled because it's impossible to offset a raw frame by any offset smaller than 2 pixels.

Check that the debayering preview option is set to on in your camera controls and when you've done that and restarted live stacking you should see the alignment option being enabled.

Cheers, Robin
Hatchet

Re: Align Frames Checkbox is Disabled

Post by Hatchet »

Thanks Robin. Yes, I'd forgotten to re-enable the debayering preview.