Mount Plate Solve Problem

A place to report problems and bugs in SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs

Please also read about Troubleshooting USB Issues before posting.

*** Please do not post license keys - please report any problems with licensing to 'admin' by private message ***

Please include the following details in any bug report:

* Version of SharpCap
* Camera and other hardware being user
* Operating system version
* Contents of the SharpCap log after the problem has occurred.
[If SharpCap crashes, please send the bug report when prompted instead of including the log]
nexusjeep

Mount Plate Solve Problem

Post by nexusjeep »

Hi,
I have had an issue with the plate solve and sync button on the mount controls when connected to my EQ6-R with EQDirect cable and EQMod, the button lights up and animates if I click it but does not capture the frame and then plate solve and sync. If I manual go to the plate solve tool that functions fine. I have had this issue in the 30th Dec and the 10th Jan release if I go back to the 8th Dec version it works fine. Not sure what other information I can give as there are no errors or warnings being displayed it just does not appear to invoke the plate solve and sync.

Cheers
Nick
admin
Site Admin

Re: Mount Plate Solve Problem

Post by admin »

Hi Nick,

Can you post your SharpCap log after you've made an attempt to run the plates solving the latest version please? I've just tested the latest code with a simulation camera and plate sulphur seems to run fine for me so it may be something specific to your setup. Hopefully there will be some information in the logs.

Cheers, Robin
nexusjeep

Post by nexusjeep »

Will do but will be tomorrow before I get a chance to reinstall and set everything up.

Cheers
Nick
nexusjeep

Post by nexusjeep »

Okay, installed the latest version again and it is now working perfectly so not sure why but will keep an eye on it and if it plays up again will collect the log file.

Cheers
Nick
MatteoMonico

Post by MatteoMonico »

Have the same problem with my Meade LX200 Mount. will try tonight as i reinstalled sharpcap...