Open Capture Folder is always greyed-out

A place to report problems and bugs in SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs

Please also read about Troubleshooting USB Issues before posting.

*** Please do not post license keys - please report any problems with licensing to 'admin' by private message ***

Please include the following details in any bug report:

* Version of SharpCap
* Camera and other hardware being user
* Operating system version
* Contents of the SharpCap log after the problem has occurred.
[If SharpCap crashes, please send the bug report when prompted instead of including the log]
mikelistens

Open Capture Folder is always greyed-out

Post by mikelistens »

Hi. I just got my SharpCap license, in hopes I would be able to retrieve captured files.
However, while I can capture files just fine, the "Capture" menu option "Open capture folder" is always greyed out, so I am unable to retrieve previously recorded files.

I am running Windows 10 and SharpCap 3.2.

What am I doing wrong?? TIA.

- Mike
admin
Site Admin

Re: Open Capture Folder is always greyed-out

Post by admin »

Hi Mike,

that's definitely looking like a bug – I've just tried it I get the same results as you. All your captured files are in a folder called 'SharpCap captures' on your desktop (and there's definitely no intent to try and make you buy a pro licence just to get it you previously captured files). What definitely does work is that at the end of the capture a green banner shows up just below the menu which has clickable links to open the capture folder and the most recently captured file in it.

I will have a look into why that new items always greyed out and fix it in a future update to SharpCap 3.2.

Hope this helps, Robin
admin
Site Admin

Re: Open Capture Folder is always greyed-out

Post by admin »

Hi,

This turned out to be a very simple and silly bug where the line of code that should have enabled that menu item has obviously been deleted at some point in the past. Oops! I have fixed the problem and you will find that the menu item works in this version of SharpCap.

https://d.sharpcap.co.uk/download.html? ... 3.2.5913.0

Cheers, Robin