Moravian Instruments G-1200 not desplaying properly

A place to report problems and bugs in SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs

Please also read about Troubleshooting USB Issues before posting.

*** Please do not post license keys - please report any problems with licensing to 'admin' by private message ***

Please include the following details in any bug report:

* Version of SharpCap
* Camera and other hardware being user
* Operating system version
* Contents of the SharpCap log after the problem has occurred.
[If SharpCap crashes, please send the bug report when prompted instead of including the log]
radinsky

Moravian Instruments G-1200 not desplaying properly

Post by radinsky »

I'm just wondering if there is someone who could help me to resolve issue with Moravian Instruments camera G-1200.

The camera doesn't display properly, only one third of top window is displayed in SharpCap3.2 and it is same for 3.1 version.

Also the cooling fan doesn't work, even though the cooling is turned ON.

Screen shot attached.

Thanks a lot for any help.
Attachments
Screenshot (4).png
Screenshot (4).png (377.74 KiB) Viewed 2347 times
admin
Site Admin

Re: Moravian Instruments G-1200 not desplaying properly

Post by admin »

Hi,

from the look of the image being displayed and the value of the controls visible on the right, it looks like the Ascom camera driver for this device is reporting that it provides an RGB image, but is actually providing a raw or monochrome image to SharpCap. These images are only 1/3 the size of the colour image that SharpCap is expecting, which explains why only the top 3rd of the display has valid data in it.

In the current build of SharpCap there is no way to fix the issue you are seeing, but it would probably be possible for me to add a manual override to the colour space option in a future build so that you could manually select a raw colour space which should then correct the issue. You could also check whether there is any configuration available in the Ascom driver for your camera that may seem to relate to colour spaces or the way that the camera sends back its image and try changing that to see if that then updates the way the camera reports to SharpCap whether it is colour raw or monochrome.

Cheers, Robin
radinsky

Post by radinsky »

Robin, thanks for quick respond.

If you could add manual override to the colour space in future build it would be good.

But doing it only because one camera, not sure if it is worth it. I would be happy because I'm using this camera for guiding and also I would like to use it for polar alignment with SharpCap.

This way I don't need to change cameras all the time.

If you feel and have time please do it and hopefully it would work.

Also, I could buy more compatible camera with SharpCap and you don't have to worry.

I have no idea how to check Ascom driver configuration for the camera.

Thanks a lot.

Rado
BlackWikkett

Post by BlackWikkett »

Hi,

To get to ASCOM camera options in SharpCap in the right column in the camera controls options where you set the exposure time there's a button next to options. The button is called "show" click that and you should see your ASCOM camera driver options. If the driver and camera have the capability to change color space it will be there. Hope that helps.

-Wikkett
radinsky

Post by radinsky »

Wikkett,

thanks a lot for directing me where Ascom camera driver options are.

Unfortunately, there is no colour space option available in setting.

Thanks everyone for help.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,
okay I have this on my list now and things to do. It's relatively easy I think and there are bound to be other Ascom cameras out there that have the same problem since the quality of Ascom drivers is pretty uniformly low.
Cheers, Robin
radinsky

Post by radinsky »

Great, thanks heaps.