Calibration Frames with Flip

A place to report problems and bugs in SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs

Please also read about Troubleshooting USB Issues before posting.

*** Please do not post license keys - please report any problems with licensing to 'admin' by private message ***

Please include the following details in any bug report:

* Version of SharpCap
* Camera and other hardware being user
* Operating system version
* Contents of the SharpCap log after the problem has occurred.
[If SharpCap crashes, please send the bug report when prompted instead of including the log]
donboy

Calibration Frames with Flip

Post by donboy »

Robin, I noticed that my SC calibration frames don't track the flip settings. Is that normal or should they track the image orientation?

Don
BlackWikkett

Re: Calibration Frames with Flip

Post by BlackWikkett »

Here's an example:
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1264
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,
Yes, at the moment you have to track the flip manually when using calibration frames. There is no functionality yet in sharpcap to keep track of this for you and flip existing calibration frames when necessary.

Cheers, Robin
BlackWikkett

Post by BlackWikkett »

Hi Robin,

This image flip and calibration frames (darks, flats) came up in conversation tonight on NSN. Would it be possible to add a feature that allowed Flip as seen. Example would be to give the same flip options found in camera control flip = horizontal, vertical or both but this only effects the display image. This would take the issue with calibration frames out of the equation. Thoughts?

-Wikkett
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

That's an interesting idea to have a flip in either the display controls or the life stacking controls that only affects the image on screen. Thanks for the suggestion.

Cheers, Robin
poolemarkw

Post by poolemarkw »

Ok, I may be hyperventilating here....If I captured a whole series of darks at many different gains and exposures with the view "not flipped"so I can use them later, and then need to start imaging with a flip....do I have to capture darks again for that new flip view?

Mark
BlackWikkett

Post by BlackWikkett »

You'd have to capture new darks and or flats with with the same flip orientation as your lights. That's currently how it works.
-Wikkett