ASI294MCPro Sensor Library

A place to report problems and bugs in SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs

Please also read about Troubleshooting USB Issues before posting.

*** Please do not post license keys - please report any problems with licensing to 'admin' by private message ***

Please include the following details in any bug report:

* Version of SharpCap
* Camera and other hardware being user
* Operating system version
* Contents of the SharpCap log after the problem has occurred.
[If SharpCap crashes, please send the bug report when prompted instead of including the log]
donboy

ASI294MCPro Sensor Library

Post by donboy »

The data in version 3.2 for the ZWO ASI294MC-Raw16.json in Sensor Library appears to have a problem.

First off when using the brain it reports back for a unity gain setting of 220. Unity gain for this camera is 120. Also the file indicates that the BitDepth is 12 when it is 14.

Looking at the files in the last 3.1 version the BitDepth is 14 and using the brain when it takes a measurement reports back 115 for a unity gain setting.

I don't know if either file is correct. The data in the two SC versions in the 294 sensor library files don't agree.

Don
admin
Site Admin

Re: ASI294MCPro Sensor Library

Post by admin »

Hi Don,

Z w o added a a feature to let sharpcap ask the bit depth of the sensor which I started to use at one point. The trouble was that it gave the wrong result for some sensors, including giving a bit depth of 12 for sensors that were really 14 bit. Once I spotted this I stopped using that SDK call but it looks like some of the data has made its way into the centre library. That means that the values for 3.1 and probably correct and the ones for 3.2 are probably wrong. I will have to correct when I get a chance.

Cheers, Robin
donboy

Post by donboy »

Would you please let me know if at some time you find that even the 3.1 data is possibly not correct. ZWO did change the SDK in August and they changed the dark noise data for the 294.

Thanks,

Don
wcblack7

Post by wcblack7 »

I'm not sure if this is relevant, but I completed a sensor analysis on my ASI294MC-Pro that I purchased in October.
There was a default sensor analysis that SharpCap loaded before I ran my own sensor analysis that had the unusual unity gain level.
After running the sensor analysis, the brain came up with unity gain at 121 and the same for the max dynamic range, which seems right on target.
Bill
donboy

Post by donboy »

admin wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:03 pm Hi Don,

Z w o added a a feature to let sharpcap ask the bit depth of the sensor which I started to use at one point. The trouble was that it gave the wrong result for some sensors, including giving a bit depth of 12 for sensors that were really 14 bit. Once I spotted this I stopped using that SDK call but it looks like some of the data has made its way into the centre library. That means that the values for 3.1 and probably correct and the ones for 3.2 are probably wrong. I will have to correct when I get a chance.

Cheers, Robin
When you get time would you correct these two ASI294 files. They are requiring that they be manually over written with every update.