Default profile?

A place to report problems and bugs in SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs

Please also read about Troubleshooting USB Issues before posting.

*** Please do not post license keys - please report any problems with licensing to 'admin' by private message ***

Please include the following details in any bug report:

* Version of SharpCap
* Camera and other hardware being user
* Operating system version
* Contents of the SharpCap log after the problem has occurred.
[If SharpCap crashes, please send the bug report when prompted instead of including the log]
Astrohuub

Default profile?

Post by Astrohuub »

Hello,

I bought a Altair Hypercam 174 mono. I have the full license of Sharcap. I used it with my ASI 290 without any problems. When I connect the Altair Hypercam 174 mono I get a message : The default profile for this camera failed to load correctly. Check controles then re-save the profile to fix.

What does this mean?

cheers, Astrohuub
admin
Site Admin

Re: Default profile?

Post by admin »

Hi,

that error occurs when the profile contains a setting for the camera that cannot be applied - this can happen if the camera controls have changed in some way in a new version of SharpCap.

Basically, the way to get it to go away is to open the camera, which will load the default profile automatically, then to re-save the profile, which will re-write the options in it to ones that are fully valid in this version of SharpCap.

cheers,

Robin
Astrohuub

Post by Astrohuub »

Hi Robin,

how do I re-save that profile?

clear skies, Astrohuub
Astrohuub

Post by Astrohuub »

Hello Robin,