SX-694 Lock Up

A place to report problems and bugs in SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs

Please also read about Troubleshooting USB Issues before posting.

*** Please do not post license keys - please report any problems with licensing to 'admin' by private message ***

Please include the following details in any bug report:

* Version of SharpCap
* Camera and other hardware being user
* Operating system version
* Contents of the SharpCap log after the problem has occurred.
[If SharpCap crashes, please send the bug report when prompted instead of including the log]
HiloDon

SX-694 Lock Up

Post by HiloDon »

Hi Robin,

I just purchased an SX-694 mono cam on AM. I downloaded the latest 3.1 SC and the camera is recognized, but the program just locks up. The cam firmware version is 1.19. I’m using a Win 10 machine. Any suggestions?

Don
admin
Site Admin

Re: SX-694 Lock Up

Post by admin »

Hi Don,

please see this thread - viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1162

it looks like the long readout time of the higher resolution SX cameras can give the impression of a lockup - SharpCap can't communicate with the camera during the readout period and that means requests to make certain changes to the camera settings may lock the UI up. This is exacerbated by SharpCap continually taking exposures (running in a video camera like mode).

The next version of SharpCap (3.3) is planned to have a still camera mode which will (hopefully) make this problem a thing of the past.

cheers,

Robin