3.2.5825 Manually Enter Plate Solving not active

A place to report problems and bugs in SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs

Please also read about Troubleshooting USB Issues before posting.

*** Please do not post license keys - please report any problems with licensing to 'admin' by private message ***

Please include the following details in any bug report:

* Version of SharpCap
* Camera and other hardware being user
* Operating system version
* Contents of the SharpCap log after the problem has occurred.
[If SharpCap crashes, please send the bug report when prompted instead of including the log]
nexusjeep

3.2.5825 Manually Enter Plate Solving not active

Post by nexusjeep »

Hi Me again,

Sorry I now have another issue with 3.2.5825 having gotten the camera working I use All Sky Plate Solver which is working fine in version 3.1 in version 3.2 the option does not light up under tools and I do not have the solve button on the mount bottom left. I have checked plate solver under settings and it has "Enter Manually" selected and the path + executable is correct as it matches the one in version 3.1.

If I select the "Detect Automatically" then it finds C:\Users\PrimaLuceLab\AppData\Local\Astometry\bin\Solve-field and the action lights up and so does the solve button on the telescope. So this will probably act as a work around for the time being but ideally would like to use the one that I currently had set in version 3.1 as the files were downloaded to suit the field of view of the sensor and the telescope I use. Not sure what this one is as it was obviously installed by Primaluce on the eagle.

I have not uploaded a log file as there is not actually any form of physical error it just is not active. But it would be the same log file as for the Hypercam issue posted earlier.

Cheers
Nick
admin
Site Admin

Re: 3.2.5825 Manually Enter Plate Solving not active

Post by admin »

Hi,

actually what you've noticed is a bug in 3.1 where it largely ignored the manual option for the plate solver location except in odd cases. In your log, the plate solver location is marked as

Code: Select all

C:\Program Files (x86)\PlateSolver/PlateSolver.exe
which is incorrect - it should be something like

Code: Select all

C:\cygwin\bin\solve-field
If it doesn't end with solve-field then it's wrong I'm afraid as that's the program SharpCap expects to talk to. In 3.1 it would have been ignoring the incorrect manual location and using the auto-detect location. In 3.2 it really uses the manual location and therefore notices that the value is not correct.

Hope this helps,

Robin
nexusjeep

Re: 3.2.5825 Manually Enter Plate Solving not active

Post by nexusjeep »

Hi Robin,
Thanks that clears that up then will carry on as is in that case.

Cheers
Nick