Stars in preview window randomly become blue-ish color

A place to report problems and bugs in SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs

Please also read about Troubleshooting USB Issues before posting.

*** Please do not post license keys - please report any problems with licensing to 'admin' by private message ***

Please include the following details in any bug report:

* Version of SharpCap
* Camera and other hardware being user
* Operating system version
* Contents of the SharpCap log after the problem has occurred.
[If SharpCap crashes, please send the bug report when prompted instead of including the log]
saguaro

Stars in preview window randomly become blue-ish color

Post by saguaro »

SharpCap version: 2.9.3085
Camera: ZWO 1600MC-Cool color camera
Windows 10 64 bit latest version

V. 2.9.3085 is the first version of SharpCap in which I've noticed this issue; it wasn't seen in previous versions using same camera with LP filter and laptop.

The issue is that stars (or anything else in the preview window) randomly change to a blue-ish color, as if the color balance was off. However, switching the R and B color balance to manual and then back to Auto does not fix the issue. This only affects the color of objects in the preview window and does not affect colors in my .fits file captures. The problem seems to be random in that I cannot reproduce it by a specific set of actions. I am just using SharpCap in the same ways I have used it in previous versions where I did not see this issue.

Log attached.
Attachments
Log_2017-04-22T19_02_50-16876.log
(78.87 KiB) Downloaded 137 times
admin
Site Admin

Re: Stars in preview window randomly become blue-ish color

Post by admin »

Hi,

In your log I can see this message repeated in two places

Code: Select all

Stopping preview to change Debayer Preview
This indicates that something (possible a capture profile you are loading) is setting the value of the 'Debayer Preview' control from it's normal value of 'On' to one of the other options - probably one of the ForceXXXX options. I think that this is the most likely cause of your problem - that one of your capture profiles has the wrong value for the 'Debayer Preview' control in it and when you load that profile it uses the wrong settings to debayer each frame, leading to the wrong colours being shown on screen (but as you say, no issue in the output file).

If you look in the user manual, I'm fairly sure there's a section that explains where on disk the capture profiles are stored - they are just the same as capture settings files, so you can go and edit them with notepad and just remove the offending line setting the debayer preview control.

cheers,

Robin
turfpit

Post by turfpit »

saguaro

Post by saguaro »

I will try using the default Debayer Preview setting of "On" to see if the problem goes away. Thanks.