Capture issues with QHY cameras

A place to report problems and bugs in SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs

Please also read about Troubleshooting USB Issues before posting.

*** Please do not post license keys - please report any problems with licensing to 'admin' by private message ***

Please include the following details in any bug report:

* Version of SharpCap
* Camera and other hardware being user
* Operating system version
* Contents of the SharpCap log after the problem has occurred.
[If SharpCap crashes, please send the bug report when prompted instead of including the log]
uboat112

Capture issues with QHY cameras

Post by uboat112 »

Hi Robin,

I have three QHY cameras: 168C, 183M, and 183C.
I am seeing frame capture become worse in the latest SharpCap version 3.2.5949 than 3.2.5906.
This behavior is with native mode.

In 3.2.5949, both 183M and 183C have 3.5 times longer exposure for all frames. For an example, if I specify the exposure of 30 sec, then the captured frames come with the exposure of 108 sec. In 3.2.5906, there was no over-exposure issue with 183M and 183C.

Both in 3.2.5949 and in 3.2.5906, 168C has twice longer exposure for the first frame. In 3.2.5906, 168C fixes this over-exposure with force still mode on. In 3.2.5949, SharpCap crashes with the force still mode on.

Thanks for your continuous effort in making SharpCap easy to use.

Insung
admin
Site Admin

Re: Capture issues with QHY cameras

Post by admin »

Hi,

Thanks for your report. As you may be aware the latest version of SharpCap new version of the QHY software and it sounds like this is introduce the errors that you are seeing. Will probably be a good idea to report the problems you are having on the QHY forums as there is probably very little I can do in the SharpCap code to work around this sort of error (particularly since I don't have those models camera to test with).

You could also go back to the previous version of SharpCap 3.2, or even copy the qhy DLL from the previous version over the newer one in the very latest version as a temporary workaround for these issues.

Sorry for any inconvenience, Robin
stbkaiser

Re: Capture issues with QHY cameras

Post by stbkaiser »

Insung
Did you try loading the older QHY DLL into the newer Sharpcap to fix your capture time problem
Also , did you report the issue to QHY?
I am a new user of sharpcap and have a QHY camera I want to try using.
Thanks
Steve