New Feature : Moon Mosaic Planner

All the latest news about new features and improvements to SharpCap
Borodog

Re: New Feature : Moon Mosaic Planner

Post by Borodog »

Robin,

Would it be possible to add a checkbox to the mosaic planner to automatic refocus between panels using the last successful autofocus settings?

Thanks,

Mike
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Mike,

it's certainly possible - the whole lot runs via the sequencer anyway, so I can arrange to have any reasonable set of sequencer steps in there. I'm surprised that the focus would drift out that fast though!

cheers,

Robin
Borodog

Post by Borodog »

It's not that fast. It can take of order an hour for the whole mosaic to execute.

Mike
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Mike,

ok, lots of panels I guess in that case and a relatively long capture on each. I will have a look at how a refocus could fit in when I am poking around in the mosaic code next. I have some changes to make there to try to avoid iOptron software prompting you for 'point at sun?' confirmation every time the mount moves in a solar mosaic too...

cheers,

Robin
Borodog

Post by Borodog »

Thanks, Robin.
Fir Chlis

Post by Fir Chlis »

If it’s of any value to have a response which doesn’t say anything other than ‘it worked well’, then this is such a report.

Sky was hazed with thin cloud, so unable to see any DSOs for Live Stacking, so I thought I’d have a go at a Lunar Mosaic, as the moon was bigger than my FoV. I didn’t know about the auto-align feature, but it worked like a dream. Two panels of 1000x29ms produced, but I had to wait until the morning to work out how to stack them in Autostakkert, sharpen in Registax, and stitch in GIMP.

I’ll certainly try it again when the Moon is bigger than my FoV.

Geoff
Fir Chlis - The Nimble Men (Northern Lights) - Scottish Gaelic